Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 6, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #5,222 of 9,829
I really love the green, but yeah. That pacific blue limited is very nice looking.

Indeed. I love that CK texture finish on my Andromeda :)

41369865890_60d4ec559d_k.jpg

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #5,223 of 9,829
This is his new site, independent of ebay. Yeah, it's not very polished yet, but it all works. I just placed an order for some of the Symbio W large. These will be the brand new, modified version. Very slightly smaller and softer. Looking forward to trying them. I've ordered tips from him through ebay many times.

Are the updated version different enough (esp. with respect to softness) to warrant replacing the older symbios with? A softer foam would make these tips even better.

Jul 6, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #5,224 of 9,829
Are the updated version different enough (esp. with respect to softness) to warrant replacing the older symbios with? A softer foam would make these tips even better.

I'll find out and post when they arrive. Hopefully in another week or so. They are brand new. Agreed about the softer foam, I still have some spares of the first version, but I want to check these new ones out.

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #5,226 of 9,829
I dont it actually side with medium size they provide. Can any size it smaller than medium but larger than smaller?

Hi,

IMO, the only solution is to buy a pair of Symbio W "S size" as a base, and then take away the foam and make your own tips with another tips (for instance Spiral Dot JVC - but I think the shape isn't the best with Andro's - , or this kind : http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156, etc.)

With my Andro's and my morpho, the Symbio W "M" are just perfect (really perfect) : chance !! No brainer.

But, this is not the case with my others iem (Kaiser, Fidue, Fitear...), M or L size : very good indeed, but not perfect (isolation and seal : so the sound balance can't be the very best). So I have developed my own customed tips.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #5,227 of 9,829
I'll find out and post when they arrive. Hopefully in another week or so. They are brand new. Agreed about the softer foam, I still have some spares of the first version, but I want to check these new ones out.

Interesting.

I did not know about this new (maybe improved) version :beerchug:

At this time :

1522156801-20180327-151725.jpg

Perfection :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #5,228 of 9,829
I want to get some symbio w tips before my Andromedas get here but I cannot find any on eBay as there is only 1 pair selling for $16!(2 tips only) and they are size large which i usually use medium size tips so I’m afraid they will be too big plus it is not even a 3 pack.

Does any know where I can get a size medium?
I did a google search and cannot find them anywhere. I see something with a Facebook link but I do not have a Facebook account and never will just to buy a pair of tips.

I know I will need these because foams irritate my ears and the only tips I could get to work with my Lyra 2s were Final E tips but will probably try to get a pair of spiral dots

If anyone has any extra of M or ML that you’d be willing to part with in the USA please PM me and we can work something out

Maybe too late but I ordered mine on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123218472629?ViewItem=&item=123218472629

3 sets that you specify which sizes.. They arrived a lot quicker than I thought they would and are now my favourite tips. I was a Spiral Dot fan on my Andromedas but these are both more comfortable and I think the tonality is more natural, particularly piano.

hmm... just checked the link to Symbio's site and 33% off... well I guess I'll get some spares.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #5,229 of 9,829
I was a Spiral Dot fan on my Andromedas but these are both more comfortable and I think the tonality is more natural, particularly piano.

Yes it is :v:

The shape of the Symbio W (I think "M" size) is just perfect with Andromeda, Jupiter, etc.

Real synergy.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #5,230 of 9,829
I just got my tips in today and have only listened to one album, John Hopkins' Asleep Versions and I was really struck how different and better it sounded. I know this album very well as it's one of my current favourites but boy, it really sounded special tonight.
It's like the true tuning of the Andromedas is on show. For me, the foams deaden the sound, spinfits are okay but a bit thin sounding. The Spiral Dots were the best before but maybe sibilant at times (?)... Pretty happy and with now at $10 for 3 pairs... nice!

Also, I found that at first when I put them in, they weren't exactly "comfortable" but memory foam softens as it warms up I guess because after about 30 secs they all but disappeared tactilely.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #5,231 of 9,829
Exactly the same story with me...

The same.

Enjoy :beerchug:

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #5,233 of 9,829
Hi,

IMO, the only solution is to buy a pair of Symbio W "S size" as a base, and then take away the foam and make your own tips with another tips (for instance Spiral Dot JVC - but I think the shape isn't the best with Andro's - , or this kind : http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4156, etc.)

With my Andro's and my morpho, the Symbio W "M" are just perfect (really perfect) : chance !! No brainer.

But, this is not the case with my others iem (Kaiser, Fidue, Fitear...), M or L size : very good indeed, but not perfect (isolation and seal : so the sound balance can't be the very best). So I have developed my own customed tips.

I might try this since I have a size small on the way in the pack.
When putting the foam in a spiral dot medium for example does the foam ever become separated when taking the IEMs in and out? Because having the foam falling out on the bus/train or outside I wouldn’t want to put them back in my ears. I seen on another post you said not to use any glue or adhesive

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #5,234 of 9,829
Hi, I am keen on getting the Andromeda but I read from a few pages back(and elsewhere) that the green coating is prone to chipping and scratching.

Whats are your experiences?

I may just wait for a pre-owned white or blue one instead if that is the case.

Thanks a lot of your comments.

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #5,235 of 9,829
I might try this since I have a size small on the way in the pack.
When putting the foam in a spiral dot medium for example does the foam ever become separated when taking the IEMs in and out? Because having the foam falling out on the bus/train or outside I wouldn’t want to put them back in my ears. I seen on another post you said not to use any glue or adhesive

Hi,

No problem.

Maybe it is about the shape (not really spherical, but a kind of) of the JVC Spiral Dot (and the quality of the material ?), but the foam doesn't move, even if you don't use glue. :pray:

But, If you try the operation with a M size JVC Spiral Dot, you need to put the foam of a S size, taken from a Symbio W or N. My advice.

And it is possible, because of the foam's thickness, that the size which suits you then with JVC Spiral Dot became smaller.

So, you need to make some tries, to determine the best balance (seal, isolation, confort between thickness of the foam and shape and size of the tips... :thumbsup:)

Problem with the glue : it can dry up the foam (depends of the glue utilised), and really, in my experience, with Spiral Dot, you don't need it :clap:

It's up to you now :beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back