Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #4,891 of 9,829
Guys, I`ve listened to my Andromeda with different players and faced one issure that drives my insane. The andromeda provides too much low frequencies and i can`t enjoy my favorite thrash/progressive metal music, since i see these frequencies prevail the mids and hights. I`ve listened to Questyle qpr2 - the sound was good overall, but bass stood out of the heard. I`ve also heared even AK SP1000 and didn`t experience the pleassure of beyers`s with good amp and dac. The bass wasn`t an issure anymore, but the very experience of enjoying the music didn`t match te expectations. My question is, whether there`s a way to reduce the
Lows and receive a sound signature that`d fit "metal music". I wish the andromeda had the hights beyers have. Not sure now, whether i should search for a perfect player or wires, or just sell the andromeda and find some IEMs, that fit my musical tastes. I`d be grateful if You, Guys, helped me in this issue.

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #4,892 of 9,829
Guys, I`ve listened to my Andromeda with different players and faced one issure that drives my insane. The andromeda provides too much low frequencies and i can`t enjoy my favorite thrash/progressive metal music, since i see these frequencies prevail the mids and hights. I`ve listened to Questyle qpr2 - the sound was good overall, but bass stood out of the heard. I`ve also heared even AK SP1000 and didn`t experience the pleassure of beyers`s with good amp and dac. The bass wasn`t an issure anymore, but the very experience of enjoying the music didn`t match te expectations. My question is, whether there`s a way to reduce the
Lows and receive a sound signature that`d fit "metal music". I wish the andromeda had the hights beyers have. Not sure now, whether i should search for a perfect player or wires, or just sell the andromeda and find some IEMs, that fit my musical tastes. I`d be grateful if You, Guys, helped me in this issue.
Yes there is, and this is what I was talking about before you creeped in. Andromeda's low-end impedance is sensitive to a player's output impedance, and the more output impedance the source(DAP, preamp, DAC/Amp, whatever) has, the bass will lower,

Or another way of looking at this, Andromeda can sound a bit bassy for near 0 output impedance, but adding some minimum of resistance(2-3 or more ohms depending on preference of bass level) in the signal path if the player is near 0 output impedance(or if the player sounds bassier than preferred).

Read this review regarding the impedance of the Andromeda for details. Make sure to translate into English from German.

http://headflux.de/campfire-audio-andromeda/

It would be cool if I can get a hold of a mini-stepped attenuator that steps one or half an ohm at a time. I only need it from a range of 1 - 5 ohms I feel to make my own adjustments for any source, and I can tune the bass level. Or you can also just EQ.

In regards to music, you should verify if it's the recording itself is not so clear or puts out more of a bodied sound with another headphone that you know isn't warm.

I've realized Ken like bass or warm sig.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #4,893 of 9,829
CC4E71C6-E60E-45F1-AAD5-20861E222C01.jpeg

I have the CEntrance Hifi-m8 and can test as it has an output impedance switch of 11,2,1 ohms.

Will do soon.

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #4,895 of 9,829
Not sure whether
Yes there is, and this is what I was talking about before you creeped in. Andromeda's low-end impedance is sensitive to a player's output impedance, and the more output impedance the source(DAP, preamp, DAC/Amp, whatever) has, the bass will lower,

Or another way of looking at this, Andromeda can sound a bit bassy for near 0 output impedance, but adding some minimum of resistance(2-3 or more ohms depending on preference of bass level) in the signal path if the player is near 0 output impedance(or if the player sounds bassier than preferred).

Read this review regarding the impedance of the Andromeda for details. Make sure to translate into English from German.

It would be cool if I can get a hold of a mini-stepped attenuator that steps one or half an ohm at a time. I only need it from a range of 1 - 5 ohms I feel to make my own adjustments for any source, and I can tune the bass level. Or you can also just EQ.

In regards to music, you should verify if it's the recording itself is not so clear or puts out more of a bodied sound with another headphone that you know isn't warm.

Not sure whether it is relevant but I've heard my Andro's through ifi DSD Nano BL's IEMatch port, and to my ears I heard a noticeable drop in Bass compared to the "Direct" port. I personally quite enjoy Ken's warm sig.

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #4,896 of 9,829
eq.png

I just gave it all and decided to tinker with EQ, and you know what? Now i hear the sound i wanted from the very beginning. It`s literally just like my beyers but being the IEM. If using the constant EQ doesn`t harm the headphones, then i`m from now calling myself The happy man.
Thanks for a reply, the idea about EQ was useful, though i tried couple of month ago to adjust it, but with no success.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #4,897 of 9,829
@moedawg140

I got the Penon tips in last week and they are a lot like the symbio, but without the foam, which makes them more comfortable while staying nice and snug. Steal of a deal for $4. I appreciate the tip! (Pun intended) :darthsmile:

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #4,898 of 9,829
@moedawg140

I got the Penon tips in last week and they are a lot like the symbio, but without the foam, which makes them more comfortable while staying nice and snug. Steal of a deal for $4. I appreciate the tip! (Pun intended) :darthsmile:
Congrats, and glad you are enjoying them!

F2AE5DA4-4752-4856-B81A-6FDF63F9B198.gif

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #4,900 of 9,829
probably a stupid question, but has anyone tried these buds with a bluetooth cable?
Not a stupid question at all, in my opinion. I’ve tried them with my Westone Bluetooth Cable, and I’m able to adjust the Andromeda’s sound signature just about limitlessly with the UE Jaybird Bluetooth Cable and accompanying Jaybird smartphone/device application.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #4,903 of 9,829

Use something with a high impedance to lower the bass.

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,905 of 9,829
Hi, joining the club Andromeda + SP1000SS = marvelous listening experience. Looking for balanced cable now^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back