Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #3,256 of 9,829
i have been listening to both the Andromeda and Unique melody Martian quite a lot the past month (about 2 to 3 hours daily in the office)

i can safely say , for acoustic and female vocals , i prefer the Andromeda, its just amazing.

but for rock, heavy metal ,clubbing songs, i find myself liking the tuning of the UM Martian more. probably the dynamic drivers inside them giving these iem more oomph in the bass, and a slightly darker signature, less treble. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3,257 of 9,829
im a huge andromeda fanboy but i recently heard a friend's orions and they were honestly closer than i expected, andromeda is noticeably crisper but i expected a more drastic difference, orion is pretty good at 1/3 the price 

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #3,258 of 9,829

Those who owns Norne Therium cable. How huge of a difference comparing it to the default Litz cable.

Does the bass hits faster? What are the improvements in sound?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #3,259 of 9,829
im a huge andromeda fanboy but i recently heard a friend's orions and they were honestly closer than i expected, andromeda is noticeably crisper but i expected a more drastic difference, orion is pretty good at 1/3 the price 

as much as i love my orion, i do find its bass to be on the lean side (understandably so) i plan to get the jupiter to satisfy my more immersive cravings.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #3,260 of 9,829
Those who owns Norne Therium cable. How huge of a difference comparing it to the default Litz cable.

Does the bass hits faster? What are the improvements in sound?

The Therium is a little bit more clean, smooth, expansive and transparent. I have the 8 cores.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #3,261 of 9,829
those who have tfz b2m please provide some impression against the andromeda as i felt they are very similar with andromeda being brighter

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #3,262 of 9,829
  those who have tfz b2m please provide some impression against the andromeda as i felt they are very similar with andromeda being brighter

There are so many better things to spend $199 on than another pair of cheap Asian IEM's. Bang for buck is certainly a determining factor when "having to" make a choice when purchasing. But bang for buck and overall sound quality are different things. A handful of $100 - $400 IEM's all combined will not collectively produce the SQ that an ultimately cheaper optioned single TOTL IEM is going to. Just my own personal opinion

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,263 of 9,829
  There are so many better things to spend $199 on than another pair of cheap Asian IEM's. Bang for buck is certainly a determining factor when "having to" make a choice when purchasing. But bang for buck and overall sound quality are different things. A handful of $100 - $400 IEM's all combined will not collectively produce the SQ that an ultimately cheaper optioned single TOTL IEM is going to. Just my own personal opinion

try it to believe it. i play totl iems too.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,264 of 9,829

I don't think they're too similar, though it is a good sound for $119 (nondetachable version).

The Balance 2 has a lot more sub-bass rumble/extension, and is very engaging for that low end ... there is not a very emphasized midbass impact / bump. The Andromeda doesn't extend quite as low, and has a bit of a hump on the midbass, which is a more 'natural' but leaner sound. 

Andromeda seems to have a sharper edge on the upper mids, which gives vocals crispness, detail, and sometimes grain. I really like that upper mid emphasis that the Andromeda has. The Balance 2M seems to lack this, it has a more downward-sloping sound which makes vocals feel warmer and fuller but less detailed.

Detail wise, B2 doesn't really come close to the andromeda. The B2 has a treble rolloff that makes the sound a little closed in and not so airy. Otherwise, the sound of the B2 is really fun (deep extensive lows, decent mids, but slightly lacking in detail). 

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #3,265 of 9,829
Just received my Dorado yesterday. What a pair of magnificent IEMs. It comes with foam tips and Spinfit tips. Can anyone shares their experiences on the difference between those two tips? Thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #3,266 of 9,829
Just received my Dorado yesterday. What a pair of magnificent IEMs. It comes with foam tips and Spinfit tips. Can anyone shares their experiences on the difference between those two tips? Thanks in advance.

IME the foam tips work much better with both the Dorados and Vegas. The silicone tips didn't transmit the bass well for me. As always YMMV. Cheers

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,268 of 9,829

I cover different tips a bit in my Dorado review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-dorado/reviews/17280

And here is the Lyra II review for those who missed it on Friday
http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-lyra-ii/reviews/17341

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,269 of 9,829
Hi guys:
black Friday up to 50% aloaudio
https://aloaudio.deals
:grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back