Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 20, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,591 of 9,829
Has anyone else been testing these with a dx80? I'm getting very mixed results with Nova coming out of it.

Tested yesterday with Chord mojo and an AK120. Both sounded great, but in general treble has been leaving me wanting. With my dx80 I'm finding the need to EQ a lot.

Edit - They are sounding really good through my modi-> asgard 2 out of foobar as well.

Had similar mixed results initially - a little dark out of my G Flex 2 on first listen, airier out of my DX90 and superb out of the Audio-opus #1 I've been lucky enough to have on tour this week. Sure some of it is just brain burn-in, but they do seem to respond better to sources with more power, even though they are easy to drive?

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,592 of 9,829
  Has anyone else been testing these with a dx80? I'm getting very mixed results with Nova coming out of it.

Tested yesterday with Chord mojo and an AK120. Both sounded great, but in general treble has been leaving me wanting. With my dx80 I'm finding the need to EQ a lot.

Edit - They are sounding really good through my modi-> asgard 2 out of foobar as well.

You're talking about the Nova or Andromeda?

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,593 of 9,829

Got my Nova today. Happy day. Maybe I'll post my impressions after some time. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #1,594 of 9,829
I tried putting my Spinfits from my Atlas' on there (which don't work very well at all on my Atlas') and it could be just me but the bass seemed to come to life a little bit.  I may be getting a little optimistic but I think I have found a way to pull a little more bass out of them.

Jun 20, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #1,596 of 9,829
hey guys! long time lurker here on head-fi. just got my nova's and am enjoying them so much! just one question, I notice water droplets forming around the bore after using them. Can I ask if this may be damaging to the earphones as to my knowledge water shouldn't be exposed to the internals?

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #1,597 of 9,829
hey guys! long time lurker here on head-fi. just got my nova's and am enjoying them so much! just one question, I notice water droplets forming around the bore after using them. Can I ask if this may be damaging to the earphones as to my knowledge water shouldn't be exposed to the internals?

I guess you need it to clean out before insertion
PBCOTTONWOOLANDBUDS17.jpg

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #1,598 of 9,829
  I tried putting my Spinfits from my Atlas' on there (which don't work very well at all on my Atlas') and it could be just me but the bass seemed to come to life a little bit.  I may be getting a little optimistic but I think I have found a way to pull a little more bass out of them.

Just curious, but since you are trying to pull more bass out of them, do you find it lacking?

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #1,603 of 9,829
That much just in tax? Ouch, that really sucks. That's almost how much I paid in total here in the US.

Not for the Andromeda though, right? 0_0

Yeah, this whole tax/VAT thing is holding me back as well ATM.

@KB, if you read this: You hinted at the fact that ALO/CA doesn't have any European distribution earlier, but I remembered that Audiogarden in Paris carries ALO products. I've since checked out their website and found the Lyra there, but no other IEMs from CA. I've reached out to them a couple of days ago about the Andromeda, but they haven't replied (yet). Are you still collaborating with them/would you happen to know if they will eventually have the Andromeda in stock? Going to Paris from where I live would be much less painful than all the hassle I'd face with ordering directly.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #1,604 of 9,829

That much just in tax? Ouch, that really sucks. That's almost how much I paid in total here in the US.

Not for the Andromeda though, right? 0_0

Yeah, this whole tax/VAT thing is holding me back as well ATM.

@KB, if you read this: You hinted at the fact that ALO/CA doesn't have any European distribution earlier, but I remembered that Audiogarden in Paris carries ALO products. I've since checked out their website and found the Lyra there, but no other IEMs from CA. I've reached out to them a couple of days ago about the Andromeda, but they haven't replied (yet). Are you still collaborating with them/would you happen to know if they will eventually have the Andromeda in stock? Going to Paris from where I live would be much less painful than all the hassle I'd face with ordering directly.

Whoops, didn't read that link in the older post; it clearly says Andromeda and that I'm stupid
tongue.gif
. I tell ya, if the Andromeda cost $340, I woulda sprung onto that in half a second. Alas, that's the price I paid for the Nova. Great IEM, worth the money to the right person, still trying to work out if it's exactly right for me.

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #1,605 of 9,829
Whoops, didn't read that link in the older post; it clearly says Andromeda and that I'm stupid :p . I tell ya, if the Andromeda cost $340, I woulda sprung onto that in half a second. Alas, that's the price I paid for the Nova. Great IEM, worth the money to the right person, still trying to work out if it's exactly right for me.

I know the feeling about the Nova. It's a great sound, but I'm trying to work out if it is good enough to keep hold of as there is so much good mid-fi gear I want to try at the moment. Definitely up there for me at the moment though - if the Andromeda ever becomes available in Europe without the massive import tax on top then I would be on that like a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back