Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 24, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #286 of 9,829
Hey Guys,

Both outlets will be receiving Andromeda as well as all my other dealers. ConnectIT has placed a order with us so they are on board. We really wanted to do something for my USA customers first but will be shipping dealer orders at the same time or very shortly after we ship the preorders.

I can't stress enough it's literally me and a few other guys making everything, I spend all weekend on them :)

I thank you all for your comments, amazing patience, and support for my and my crew.

Ken

That's great news

Thanks Ken

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #288 of 9,829
So for those who've heard it ... is the Andromeda an 'augmented Jupiter' or a completely different tuning? Ken's announcement on the first page did make it sound like it's 'built upon' Jupiter, so it's like a perfected gen 2 right? On the other hand, if that's true, why isn't the Jupiter being supplanted totally by the Andromeda 
confused.gif

I am deeply interested in it, but my shop told me they won't be here until June - July, so the waiting is killing me. I LOVE the green color, and the positive impressions so far are not helping the itch ... 

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #289 of 9,829
Five BA per side versus four, sounds like a completely new beast and not just a re-tuning. By "built upon" I would assume they meant taking feedback and lessons from their previous flagship and applying them here. Campfire is still a relatively new brand after all.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #290 of 9,829
Anyway should test it out and before given the right conclusion

Jupiter or Andromeda both are good too.
Should compare side by side and see how much the Andromeda improve from Jupiter

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #291 of 9,829
  Five BA per side versus four, sounds like a completely new beast and not just a re-tuning. By "built upon" I would assume they meant taking feedback and lessons from their previous flagship and applying them here. Campfire is still a relatively new brand after all.

''The Andromeda is Campfire Audios flag ship product, building upon the successes of Jupiter and further pushing the envelope of possibilities of the Jupiter, the Andromeda takes your listening pleasure to the next level. Enhanced mid rage and refined bass grip makes the Andromeda a truly out of this world listening experience!'''

In all its vagueness, the description did say 'building upon the successes of Jupiter and pushing the envelope of possibilities of the Jupiter, hence my question. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #292 of 9,829
The andromeda does have some similarities to the Jupiter. It's hard to describe but there are similarities in the character despite the different tunings.

That said, the Jupiter, while it does a lot of things right, and I can't deny that, was not quite the most suited to my tastes. The andromeda brings the sound much closer to my preferences. It takes things to another level technically too.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #296 of 9,829
Well, they are still very different products, catering to very different tastes, so I wouldn't say that. Besides the andromeda isn't so much an update of the Jupiter as it is a different model :)

I do agreed with you, cause has many brands they have few models from the price tags are quite close also

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #298 of 9,829
Finally placed my ordered for Andromeda from ConnectIT.sg can't wait it arrive by coming on May :)

Once it arrive and will update via my Jupiter comparison side by side.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #299 of 9,829
The andromeda does have some similarities to the Jupiter. It's hard to describe but there are similarities in the character despite the different tunings.

That said, the Jupiter, while it does a lot of things right, and I can't deny that, was not quite the most suited to my tastes. The andromeda brings the sound much closer to my preferences. It takes things to another level technically too.

Well, they are still very different products, catering to very different tastes, so I wouldn't say that. Besides the andromeda isn't so much an update of the Jupiter as it is a different model
smily_headphones1.gif

So is Andromeda powerful & robust with a solid sound, or reference & clean & polite? 
From the descriptions and impressions I am hoping that it would be a big, engaging, musical sound with 'endless extension' on both ends, sounding epic. Hopefully, this is what the 'tighter bass grip' and 'improved upper mids' mean. Looking for a gripping sound that hits hard and does all the technical stuff well and I am hoping Andromeda might just be it. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #300 of 9,829
Finally placed my ordered for Andromeda from ConnectIT.sg can't wait it arrive by coming on May :)

Once it arrive and will update via my Jupiter comparison side by side.

Nice!!! I also want but quite expensive leh how much is It? In sgd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back