Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 22, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #256 of 9,829
The andromeda is really sensitive though isn't it?

yes, it is. If I have nitpick one thing about Andromeda, I would wish that it could be slightly less sensitive. There is ZERO noise straight out of iPhone and 40% volume is plenty loud. However, with an amp such an CDM you can hear a slight background noise. It is only noticeable when music is not playing. When the music starts you won't be able to tell at all.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #257 of 9,829
I think SE vs balanced,it's really up to the amp. The cdm, for example, is designed for balanced and naturally sounds best that way.

The best portable amps I've heard (ALO CV5, vorzuge pure 2, mass kobo and the wagnus epsilon) are all single ended. The studio 6, one of the best amps, is also single ended.

It's really all about amp design, and what the amp was designed for. Any differences you hear are because of the amp design, and would be heard on any IEM or headphone

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #258 of 9,829
yes, it is. If I have nitpick one thing about Andromeda, I would wish that it could be slightly less sensitive. There is ZERO noise straight out of iPhone and 40% volume is plenty loud. However, with an amp such an CDM you can hear a slight background noise. It is only noticeable when music is not playing. When the music starts you won't be able to tell at all.

I believe it's something like 12ohms at 115db sensitivity? That's incredibly sensitive :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #260 of 9,829
  I am more interested in the Nova cos I own a pair of Orion(hoping Nova is an upgraded version of Orion), has anyone tried it yet? if you had please talk more about the sound! cheers!

There is no love for the NOVA here.  I doubt if you will get an answer.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #261 of 9,829
There is no love for the NOVA here.  I doubt if you will get an answer.

The Noble Savants are what made me believe in the "less is more" in iem driver count and anticipated tuning/sound signature. It punches far above its weight... Literally. So I sold my Savants and went for the Andromeda but had I not had the experience I did with the Savants I think I would have questioned the driver count of the Andromeda for the $. What I'm trying to say is the Nova is potentially the best bang for your buck from Campfire Audio!!!

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #263 of 9,829
  Campfire Audio Red Edition (Exclusive in Korea)

Very nice, don't see why the ~$1K Andromeda can't be offered in the full range of Campfire colors though. 
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #264 of 9,829
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #265 of 9,829

Very nice, don't see why the ~$1K Andromeda can't be offered in the full range of Campfire colors though. 
confused.gif

My partners in Korea (Gsound Lab) are a valued partner and awesome dudes. We try and do as much as we can for our dealers and partners. They asked for a special run of Orion in a different color for Korea only. So if a dealer asks for a special color we have a minimum quantity we need dealers to order in order for us to do a special run of colors for that particular dealer. 

We really did no want to do a bunch of colors for the same model for individuals, just a management decision because its really hard for us being a company of just 5 people to coordinate a lot of variable. Please understand.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #266 of 9,829
Very nice, don't see why the ~$1K Andromeda can't be offered in the full range of Campfire colors though. :confused:

I believe this should be a rather limited run.

There just might be plans for the andromeda, too, you never know!

Also, with regards to having a full range of colours, it's not that easy actually. From my conversations with various IEM makers, the anodizing process is not that simple as getting consistency in the Colours is a real pain. It takes a lit of fine tuning to get the right Colour, and they literally have boxes upon boxes of shells wth botched or uneven Colours. So it's not practical for these manufacturers.

Besides, if they come in a range of Colours, imagine how difficult it would be for dealers, they would have way too much stock to hold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back