Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 20, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #197 of 9,829
I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted go all in with a Campfire Audio(CA) iem over their competitors. After reading the responses of the CA administration even in this thread, it is clear that they stand by their products and are more transparent than most when it comes to to process in which they arrived at the end product. I am soon to be a happy owner of the CA Andromeda!!! I almost pulled the trigger on the Jupiter a couple months ago but I had this nagging feeling that CA had something else up their sleeves and I am happy to be right. Now if CA were to come out with yet another flagship dethroning the Andromeda in the process I would be ok with that simply because I could not afford it. $1000.00 is way above my limit but I feel that the Andromeda will be something special. I just sold my Wizard Savant to help fund this purchase and also considered the Nova but I think I am ready for a totl iem that is the Andromeda which hopefully will mean a "more of everything" sound signature in relation to the Nova too.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #198 of 9,829
I have tried some of the things that campfire is working on, and while I don't know what the pricing might be (might be more, might be less) I wouldn't be worried if I were you, because they are totally different beasts altogether. Very different sounding.

Another thing I have learnt, is that good sound will always be good sound. A few years ago, IEMs weren't so advanced yet, but now they are. Take a look at, say, the headphone industry, it is more mature than the IEM industry. The best headphones from a few years back are still some of the best today. I believe that IEMs too have reached that stage. And the Andromeda I believe is among the best of the lot :)

As for that upgrade, musiclvr, I could not be happier if I were you :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #199 of 9,829
I have tried some of the things that campfire is working on, and while I don't know what the pricing might be (might be more, might be less) I wouldn't be worried if I were you, because they are totally different beasts altogether. Very different sounding.

Another thing I have learnt, is that good sound will always be good sound. A few years ago, IEMs weren't so advanced yet, but now they are. Take a look at, say, the headphone industry, it is more mature than the IEM industry. The best headphones from a few years back are still some of the best today. I believe that IEMs too have reached that stage. And the Andromeda I believe is among the best of the lot
smily_headphones1.gif

As for that upgrade, @musiclvr, I could not be happier if I were you
smily_headphones1.gif

It hasn't passed 2 years since we saw the light of Jupiter. I wonder how CA could achieve such a quantum leap for this short period of time.

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #200 of 9,829
   It hasn't passed 2 years since we saw the light of Jupiter. I wonder how CA could achieve such a quantum leap for this short period of time.

Ken and his team have been around the audio industry for years... although their main focus in the past were amps and cables. I think passion and relentless research are key factors to their success.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #201 of 9,829

Bear in mind too, the campfire designs are not freshly concepted. They have been in development for, what I understand, a few years now, and Ken is always working extremely hard, constantly trying out new tunings, new developments. I've spoken to him about this too and trust me, that guy works his butt off :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #203 of 9,829

I don't think you will go wrong with either. Ken was awfully happy with the Nova as well, and Ken knows what good sound is :wink:

My only concern is the fit as I would use the Nova when I go for my walks.

I have always admired Ken's design and products as they are well made even though I have never bought any of his stuff. It's something I don't mind owning.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #204 of 9,829
  My only concern is the fit as I would use the Nova when I go for my walks.

I have always admired Ken's design and products as they are well made even though I have never bought any of his stuff. It's something I don't mind owning.

They fit me perfectly, very comfortable and low profile.

That said, fit is a really personal thing and I can't guarantee that you will have a good fit. It would be best if you popped by a shop to try them, or perhaps at a meet or something! as long as any of the other models (except for the lyra) fit you, it should be alright as the shells are identically shaped and sized!

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #205 of 9,829
Although CA is a relatively new brand, ALO Audio and Ken have been around for a very long time. I still remember many years ago when i first bought a Salty Pepper headphone upgrade cable from ALO. Although it was not cheap, I was hugely amazed by its unique design, super high build quality and good sound improvement. One thing i am certain about ALO and Ken is that they don't do cheap stuff. You may or may not like their sound, but you will most certainly appreciate the effort they put into each of their product. Just take a look at the leather case they made. (sorry, i just couldn't stop talking about the case. i feel very special every time when i open it and take out the Andromeda.)

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #206 of 9,829
Originally I thought you said these would ship in May, but now it says shipping soon. Is some time in May still accurate?

I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on the Andromeda now based on what I'm reading from the few who have tested but I will be traveling all of June and July and would want to be able to have them in hand before my trip.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #207 of 9,829
Originally I thought you said these would ship in May, but now it says shipping soon. Is some time in May still accurate?

I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on the Andromeda now based on what I'm reading from the few who have tested but I will be traveling all of June and July and would want to be able to have them in hand before my trip.

Hi Ozbourn

Yes shipping in May. 10-4

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 20, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #208 of 9,829
Loving the Jupiter.

Hopefully the new models make an appearance at the Tokyo show next week so I can try them out.

Did you timetravel to Regency period England for that pic? mp3 players must blow their minds.. only had MP1 back then
blink.gif

Its Campfire ol American wild West style photography :wink:

Heres a more modern shot

1b98495aacb8cd6468e52bf50f33bf99.jpg

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #210 of 9,829
Is that the stock cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back