Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 20, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,096 of 9,829

I forgot to mention that one... only because I went to Ocharaku office to listen to the two new earphones. I've not written about them yet, but will try to write about tea and earphones. Ocharaku is my favourite open earphone of all time. And Mr. Yamagishi is god. But let's get back to the topic. 

he refused to take any picture
frown.gif
well the andromeda is one of the stars but it is important to have a critical listening at home without the crowd!

May 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,097 of 9,829
I'm not against criticism. There's no such thing as a perfect review, I was merely stating that for this particular review, I thought it well understandable :)

With regards to how you have to cover everything under the sun to call it a review, that I disagree. I'm not going to claim that the handful of reviews I have written are the best, but I try to the best of my ability, to talk about what I does well in the confines of what I feel I can do well in. That means writing about things I'm familiar with.

There is a reason why companies try to get multiple reviewers, because they know that no one reviewer can cover everything under the sun :)

May 20, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,099 of 9,829
I'm not against criticism. There's no such thing as a perfect review, I was merely stating that for this particular review, I thought it well understandable
smily_headphones1.gif

With regards to how you have to cover everything under the sun to call it a review, that I disagree. I'm not going to claim that the handful of reviews I have written are the best, but I try to the best of my ability, to talk about what I does well in the confines of what I feel I can do well in. That means writing about things I'm familiar with.

There is a reason why companies try to get multiple reviewers, because they know that no one reviewer can cover everything under the sun
smily_headphones1.gif

very true
bigsmile_face.gif
but for a well respected headfier to receive such a feedback does not go down well after his countless contributions
beerchug.gif

May 20, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1,100 of 9,829
I got balled by the review. I was wet and tears were streeming down my face. I make a mistake. I should have bought the Andromeda over the Nova. Now that I hear thumping sound out of Nova.

May 20, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,102 of 9,829
  Why would a USD 1000 plus product that reportedly has amazing build quality only come with a one year warranty?

1 year is the same as some others, JHaudio and Fitear, also I will service any Campfire Audio IEM for the life of the product regardless of the 1 year warranty listed. So for instance if a truck runs over your IEM I will repair or replace them for parts cost and shop time for the repair. (proof of purchase required)

Also just because the shells are aluminum BA drivers are incredibly delicate, can and will be damaged if you drop them on a hard surface, submerge them in liquid or generally abuse them. We do not lay claim that they are indestructible and they should be cared for like a high end camera or other fine electronic device.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 20, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #1,103 of 9,829
1 year is the same as some others, JHaudio and Fitear, also I will service any Campfire Audio IEM for the life of the product regardless of the 1 year warranty listed. So for instance if a truck runs over your IEM I will repair or replace them for parts cost and shop time for the repair. (proof of purchase required)

Also just because the shells are aluminum BA drivers are incredibly delicate, can and will be damaged if you drop them on a hard surface, submerge them in liquid or generally abuse them. We do not lay claim that they are indestructible and they should be cared for like a high end camera or other fine electronic device.

Thanks

Ken

Just one more reason why I buy from ALO!!! IMO, customer service and support is every bit as important as the product!

May 21, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #1,106 of 9,829
May 21, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #1,107 of 9,829
Hey @ExpatinJapan,

Great shot - the deep green hues really shine here.
May I ask what tips you are using? Are they stock?

May 21, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #1,110 of 9,829
I finally got a chance to try the Jupiter a couple weeks ago & was duly impressed (except for the fit).  Given the build appears to be the same, I'll probably take a pass on the Andromeda because I found the sound tube on the Jupiter to be too short for me to get a proper fit for very long.  Congrats to ALO, though, for bringing a nice alternative to the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back