Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Nov 27, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #4,637 of 9,829
Just got my green B stoctk andromedas today. Posted on Friday in Portland, arrived in freezing cold Durham, UK today, thanks FedEx. I can't see any visual flaws with mine.

I'm not used to this top end gear, last week I was using a Motorola G with some old Phonak's, this week the andros with an A&K Kann. I can't hear any hiss with this pairing, as previously discussed here, but I guess I'm not used to the super-duper components others on here are, so in my case ignorance (and possibly 55 year old ears) is bliss.

After spending around £1300, i'm really pleased, but don't tell the wife !!

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,638 of 9,829
The Andromeda, is really the Gold standard for $1000 iems out there. Top notch separation and soundstage. Great subbass that will not cover up the vocals, just enough treble to make more air and sparkle up top. Sublime female vocals.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #4,641 of 9,829
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #4,642 of 9,829
Yups they're amazing so far! The fact that their b stock is almost perfect shows how excellent their qc is, to reject an iem just because it has a microscopic cosmetic flaw. I wonder if there's a c stock out there :)

And the sound is amazing. They really have no major flaws/polarising traits about them. It's not the clarity or the soundstage or imaging that makes them good, but rather how cohesive everything is. Nothing stands out, everything is equally good, the bass, mids treble. A flat sound signature but somehow it isn't boring or analytical. Unlike some iems like se846 where within the first few seconds of listening I could tell they were too coloured etc. It is going to be hard to top this one for quite a while

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #4,643 of 9,829
Yups they're amazing so far! The fact that their b stock is almost perfect shows how excellent their qc is, to reject an iem just because it has a microscopic cosmetic flaw. I wonder if there's a c stock out there :)

And the sound is amazing. They really have no major flaws/polarising traits about them. It's not the clarity or the soundstage or imaging that makes them good, but rather how cohesive everything is. Nothing stands out, everything is equally good, the bass, mids treble. A flat sound signature but somehow it isn't boring or analytical. Unlike some iems like se846 where within the first few seconds of listening I could tell they were too coloured etc. It is going to be hard to top this one for quite a while

The SE846 should be rated down to a $500 iem compaired to the Andro.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #4,644 of 9,829

Exactly what I would discribe Andro’s sound character. Had them for one week, initially I was a bit surprised that it didn’t “wow” me like every other new toy I had, like how deep the bass goes, how smooth the treble is, etc. But then I realized that it just does most of the things really good so you don’t find any specific thing stand out.

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #4,645 of 9,829
I just got my white CK andromeda's today (shipped Friday from Portland to Toronto). Plugged it into the chord mojo and was floored.

I have only put in about 3-4 hours so far, but the tuning is incredible. To my ears it sounds like smooth warmish sound but with non-fatiguing but sparkly treble. It's also highly resolving and sounds very spacious for an IEM. It also does hiss with the Mojo.

I'm going to spend a lot of time with this one for sure. Looking forward to trying it with different sources as well!

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,646 of 9,829
I just got my white CK andromeda's today (shipped Friday from Portland to Toronto). Plugged it into the chord mojo and was floored.

I have only put in about 3-4 hours so far, but the tuning is incredible. To my ears it sounds like smooth warmish sound but with non-fatiguing but sparkly treble. It's also highly resolving and sounds very spacious for an IEM. It also does hiss with the Mojo.

I'm going to spend a lot of time with this one for sure. Looking forward to trying it with different sources as well!

Congrats! Did you get hit with tax and duty?

Nov 27, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #4,650 of 9,829
For Mojo users new to this thread, I have heard good things about the IEMatch from iFi with this pairing. Gets the output impedance to the 1-2 ohm range which seems to be the sweet spot according to many. Less than that is a lil dark and bass heavy, more than that is a bit much in the treble it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back