Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 26, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #3,166 of 9,829
Wow... thats 2 recommendations for a product cheaper down the line than more expensive and up... this is so weird compared to the Noble thread
cool.gif

Noted, I'll do some research into the Orion as well. 

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #3,168 of 9,829
Orion is one of those iem that didn't wow me at first listen, but I ended up going back for a listen and purchasing it. The one thing to watch out for is that it is a bit rolled off in the bass region, so it wouldn't be my go to for music where sub bass reproduction is a must. Just my two cents...

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,170 of 9,829
When I auditioned all of the CA IEMs in Portland a few months back those were the two that stood out. Orion was the easiest to listen too but Andromeda was clearly best.

I also heard a prototype, not sure if it was for the Vega or one of the other two new ones, but I still preferred the Orion and Andromeda.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,172 of 9,829
After reading alot of pages back, Andromeda seems tops most of the big boys with great value, but andromeda is out of my budget. Now, how does the nova compare the big boys?

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Excellent balance in bass and mids but lacks the treble sparkle of Andromeda, which is just amazing. Nova is still fairly detailed though. Enjoyable sound, fatigue-free music is guaranteed.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #3,173 of 9,829
Well, since i've barely ventured into IEM's at all, I'll have to use full size cans to describe what I'm looking for.
My main setup is with the both the HD600 and T1 from a tube amp, so safe to say I am looking for a neutral and natural sig leaning towards warm and mid centric. The highs on the T1 can be a bit much with some recordings and the 600's tend to sit just perfect for most, so the Nova lacking some sparkle up top concerns me. I'd like to find an all rounder (mission impossible?) with decent isolation I can use around the house when open, full size won't cut it. Genres of music range from classical and jazz, rock and its sub genres, to some EDM and the like. So far the Nova, Savants and Shure 535 have caught my eye, though unfortunately theres no way to try any of them locally.

This is a great help and much appreciated! 

As a Nighthawk owner, the Nova are similar but not identical. The Nova are more "vinyl" sounding, but still have good clarity, with a slightly rolled off treble and an overall neutral sound with good musicality. If you are looking for something with great mids and clear but not hot treble, you might want to look into either the Cardas A8 or Flare R2A / Pro as well - both fit the bill and have more bass extension and presence without being bottom heavy.

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #3,174 of 9,829
for campfire iems that i have tried,
Orion = Andromeda > Nova > Lyra
orion is really severely underrated
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #3,176 of 9,829
hi guys

i been reading alot of head fi posts but never made an account to join in the discussions before.

but i recently got my hands on the andromeda and i can say after 3 weeks with it, i am loving it.

before these, i was using a reshelled tf10 with unique melody.

week 1: when i demoed it at a local shop, i liked the sound alot so decided to just pull the trigger
            but the next few days, i was somehow disappointed with the sound, it just did not sound as good as the demo set but i decided to give it a few days, ( i bought it on a monday night)
            the next few days were not very good either, it just didnt sound like it had as much impact or clarity. so i thought maybe there was just something wrong with my set and was going to go back to the shop for a one for one exchange. the shop allows this within the first 7 days of purchase.

but by Saturday when i was going to return to the shop, i noticed it started to sound better , and since i had quite a busy day, i decided to wait another day before i go back to the shop. 
On sunday, i suddenly started enjoying the Andromeda again.

now i kept asking myself why was the change in quality so sudden, i mean alot of people agree that BA drivers do not need burn in. and all of a sudden it hit me.
i quickly googled " does having a cold affect your hearing'

i had a developed a cold and some phlegm on tuesday and i was recovering by the weekend. so for the first few days, i think the cold affected how i heard these babies. 

week 2 and 3: i love them

conclusion: having a cold/flu could be the reason why some iems sound bad when they do not hahahahah

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #3,177 of 9,829
for campfire iems that i have tried,
Orion = Andromeda > Nova > Lyra
orion is really severely underrated :frowning2:  

So a single BA at $350 is equivalent to a 5 BA with a resonating chamber at $1000? I think it would be safe to assume this claim is some BS, unless there are numerous other opinions in agreement...however, I like to keep an open mind, so if this is the case then awesome!

conclusion: having a cold/flu could be the reason why some iems sound bad when they do not hahahahah

Andromeda, solid first choice.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3,178 of 9,829
Orion and Andromeda are not equal. Andromeda has more extension on both ends, a fuller overall sound, a wider soundstage, and has more bass quantity without sacrificing quality. Tonally they are similar and both are extremely enjoyable. If you can't afford an Andromeda or choose not to pay that much for an IEM, the Orion will give you a taste of what they sound like for a lot less. But it will only be a taste--Andromeda is the full meal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back