Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 1, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #2,941 of 9,829
Yeah. You need a great source/dap or dac/amp for the Campfire Audio IEMs to really shine... And without or minimal hiss.

My choices are usually Opus#1 dap, Centrance DACportable, CEntrance hifi-skyn or Shozy Alien Gold depending on my mood and bag.

Just a smartphone isnt going to do them justice.

Imho

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #2,942 of 9,829

I suggest you get the Audioquest Dragonfly Red. My Nova sounds really bad using my smartphone (OnePlus 2). I lacks body and way more than what it delivers when using a proper source with adequate power. I tried the Andromeda as well and it was also the same. Not sure if the HTC10 has enough juice for them or just doesn't have good synergy. Using a minimal setup for an amp or amp/dac like the Oppo HA2, Headstage Arrow, or the Audioquest Dragonfly might help you if you're using your mobile often.

The 10 has plenty of power and is generally quite well regarded for a phone (if you read the thread on here many prefer it over the V10 and some DAPs and use it to drive some demanding headphones). There is also no hiss. I think it is just a synergy issue. I'm playing around with using its built in system EQ function at the moment. If it doesnt work out I will have to decide if I love them enough to get a dragonfly or a DAP (any reasonably priced good matches that support Google Play and Tidal?)

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #2,943 of 9,829
Does anyone know how the Fitear TG334 compares with Andromeda? I tried searching but turned up nothing. I really liked the Andromeda when I heard it but now have a chance to obtain a mint pair of 334s at slightly less than Andromeda's price, so I'm torn between the two. Thanks in advance!

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #2,944 of 9,829
I am extremely tempted to do a blind purchase on the Orion considering how mid-centric they were mentioned to be through the reviews....

Really wish someone can do a direct A/B comparison between the two.

I want to consider the P1 but really like more options since I am rather treble-sensitive.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,945 of 9,829
Does anyone know how the Fitear TG334 compares with Andromeda? I tried searching but turned up nothing. I really liked the Andromeda when I heard it but now have a chance to obtain a mint pair of 334s at slightly less than Andromeda's price, so I'm torn between the two. Thanks in advance!

I auditioned Jupiter and TG334 at ALO and preferred Jupiter. I prefer Andromeda to Jupiter, ergo I'm sure I'd prefer Andromeda to TG334.

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #2,946 of 9,829
I am extremely tempted to do a blind purchase on the Orion considering how mid-centric they were mentioned to be through the reviews....

Really wish someone can do a direct A/B comparison between the two.

I want to consider the P1 but really like more options since I am rather treble-sensitive.

I have both. Let me give them both a listen back to back later and get back to you.

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #2,947 of 9,829
I have both. Let me give them both a listen back to back later and get back to you.

Thank you bud. You're a lifesaver since I honestly love the Pinnacle P1 with comply tips as it made me appreciate the Comply tips more than ever for taking the hot treble.

But I just honestly cannot kill the curiosity of the Orion.

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #2,948 of 9,829
I auditioned Jupiter and TG334 at ALO and preferred Jupiter. I prefer Andromeda to Jupiter, ergo I'm sure I'd prefer Andromeda to TG334.

I've heard the Jupiter too. What did you like about Jupiter over TG334 and was there anything the Fitear did better? I'm trying to gauge where the Fitear stands among current TOTLs. Thanks nmatheis!

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #2,949 of 9,829
I've heard the Jupiter too. What did you like about Jupiter over TG334 and was there anything the Fitear did better? I'm trying to gauge where the Fitear stands among current TOTLs. Thanks nmatheis!

It was awhile back. TG334 was more mid-forward, lusher, and slower. Jupiter was punchier with a vibrant upper end and more holographic soundstage. With the music I listen to (electronic, rock, metal), Jupiter was more to my preferences.

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2,950 of 9,829
Hmmm I could see a 'treble head' liking the Jupiter over the Andromeda. I think that because the Jupiter is known to have a 'U' type sound that the treble is more prominent. I wish I soup been able to demo the Jupiter but while I was a about to pull the trigger on the Jupiter the Andromeda was announced so there you have it. I think my next Campfireaudio purchase will be their headphone though. Hmmmm

When will the headphone be out in the market?
Was it already announced?

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #2,951 of 9,829
B]

May i know where did you bought your custom cable lightning for the mojo and the iphone 6?

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #2,952 of 9,829
@nmatheis

So how is the comparison so far? Did you find anything yet that can be shared? Sorry if I am being a bit pushy.

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #2,954 of 9,829
Nothing yet, my friend. Got sucked into a couple episodes of Penny Dreadful, and now it's bedtime. I'll get back to you tomorrow!

Okay thanks for that. Your comparison could very well make me choose either the P1 early or struggle with my XB50AP longer for another 2 more months before I can afford the Orion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back