Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Jan 4, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #331 of 462
Don't sleep on the Cascara either. That and the SR35 come to just over $1k and is currently one of the best value propositions out there at the moment...my little pocket rocket lol. The SR35 is a stunningly great sounding player that has great battery life to boot. The Cascara might be the best bang-for-buck IEM on the market right now imho.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #332 of 462
Don't sleep on the Cascara either. That and the SR35 come to just over $1k and is currently one of the best value propositions out there at the moment...my little pocket rocket lol. The SR35 is a stunningly great sounding player that has great battery life to boot. The Cascara might be the best bang-for-buck IEM on the market right now imho.
Haven’t heard the Cascara but I think CA’s chromatic series has become the 👑 at almost all price points below $2k

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:47 PM Post #334 of 462
Haven’t heard the Cascara but I think CA’s chromatic series has become the 👑 at almost all price points below $2k

Agreed. The Bonneville really is a knockout. The Trifecta and Perpetua have been dominating my attention for the past couple weeks but there was a long stretch this year-- from early Oct to mid December where Bonneville + SR35 were my bread and butter and I didn't feel much need for anything else. They're magnificent IEMs that shoot well above their price imho

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #335 of 462
Agreed. The Bonneville really is a knockout. The Trifecta and Perpetua have been dominating my attention for the past couple weeks but there was a long stretch this year-- from early Oct to mid December where Bonneville + SR35 were my bread and butter and I didn't feel much need for anything else. They're magnificent IEMs that shoot well above their price imho
Have you had a chance to demo the BS yet? I'll bring it to NYC in any event.

Jan 4, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #336 of 462
Have you had a chance to demo the BS yet? I'll bring it to NYC in any event.

No unfortunately while Headphone Bar in Vancouver carried it he didn't have one for demo. I'm tempted to cash in this 20% off voucher I have and pick one up...a lot of trusted ears (yours included) tell me they're great and a decent compliment to Bonneville.

Edit: Though if I don't wind up succumbing to temptation there I'll be happy to hear yours in NYC :D

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #337 of 462
Jan 4, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #338 of 462
No unfortunately while Headphone Bar in Vancouver carried it he didn't have one for demo. I'm tempted to cash in this 20% off voucher I have and pick one up...a lot of trusted ears (yours included) tell me they're great and a decent compliment to Bonneville.

Edit: Though if I don't wind up succumbing to temptation there I'll be happy to hear yours in NYC :D
I've been similarly toying with using mine for Trifecta! But I may try and hold out!

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #339 of 462
I've been similarly toying with using mine for Trifecta! But I may try and hold out!

That would certainly be the most bang for the buck. Which one would you get?

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #341 of 462
So Bonneville was my first experience with CA and I LOVE it. As much as I’d love to grab a trifecta, I just can’t justify with my current line up…. BUT, all this talk got me a little excited so I just ordered the black star to compliment. Impressions to follow.

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #342 of 462
That would certainly be the most bang for the buck. Which one would you get?
Any of them, however, I'm considering Bonneville ciem!

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #343 of 462
So Bonneville was my first experience with CA and I LOVE it. As much as I’d love to grab a trifecta, I just can’t justify with my current line up…. BUT, all this talk got me a little excited so I just ordered the black star to compliment. Impressions to follow.
I have Trifecta, Supermoon and Bonneville plus the original Solaris, Andromeda and Atlas.

I never intended to be a fan boy but it kind of crept up on me

Jan 5, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #344 of 462
I keep looking for comparisons on everything because my own experience is limited. It’s just without a frame of reference they don’t do me much good. I fixated on the Ponderosa because an all BA implementation appealed to me. Just like I read and watched just about every review I could find on the Ara even though stepping up to that level for a 2nd ever IEM would be ludicrous. But still after only having (and loving) the Holocene for a few days my rational side took a vacation and I bought Black Star. I wish I could provide listening notes with relevant comparisons to common knowledge. I just know the Onyx never felt bass heavy until I listened to it right after Holocene. And the lightness and apparent bass roll off you hear when playing Holocene right after Onyx is quickly forgotten. However Black Star just always sounds “right” no matter the context. I read one comparison call it more neutral than Bonneville which doesn’t seem to be a stretch to believe. I still think about Ara sometimes and maybe I’ll need to scratch that itch on a pre owned set some day. I barely think about Ponderosa at all though. Maybe I just really don’t like that green. (I can be like that sometimes.) What’s strange and completely unexpected is that even though it didn’t originally appeal to me, all the chatter about Cascara makes me think I might need another flavor after all. Such bad influences. So much experience and shared listening. Don’t run too fast. I’m really doing my best to catch up.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #345 of 462
I have Trifecta, Supermoon and Bonneville plus the original Solaris, Andromeda and Atlas.

I never intended to be a fan boy but it kind of crept up on me
I know that feeling; a while ago I realized I've unitentionally ended up with like 3x as many IEMs from campfire vs from any other brand. While they do definitely have their flaws their sound signatures are always unique and unlike 64 Audio and Empire Ears I've yet to have any major issues with build quality from Campfire. The only completely irredeemable thing I've got from campfire is the Orbit.

On a side note how do the Trifecta and Bonneville compare in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back