Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Nov 15, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #211 of 470
After doing some research, I think this tuning is purposeful and measurement is correct. It looks very much like an "Ara with elevated BASS".
1700059311184.png

1700059320076.png

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #212 of 470
Yes for sure - I find I can't actually A/B in the sense of switching back and forth quickly between sets without feeling like both suck. The brain magic, as you so aptly put it, needs time to take effect. I actually listen to a whole album on one set now, to get the mood and gestalt, while also taking notes. Then I take a break. Then I go through the same album with the second set, again for the overall presentation, but still taking notes. Only after this can I make any sense of what I am hearing. Also, listening to the Bonnevilles and the then trying any other set right after is a sure fire way to feel like there's no bass!
This is why you simultaneously A/B one in each ear with an ADI-2. Leave them in long enough to forget which is which and just like that you're blind testing as well 😂

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #213 of 470
This is why you simultaneously A/B one in each ear with an ADI-2. Leave them in long enough to forget which is which and just like that you're blind testing as well 😂
That doesn't work for me, because the things I'm listening for cannot be recreated with one IEM. Nor do I have any need for a blind test. I'm just an avid listener who likes to jot down what he hears and share it with the community from time to time.

Nov 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #214 of 470
So what you're telling me is that they just completely replaced ALL of their best-selling, great-looking, solid aluminum IEMs with cheap/weird-looking, neon-colored plastic, quasi-custom-fit versions, and those are the only versions that will be available going forward?!?

200w copy.gif
Also, are these going to be huge, and not so easy to fit, like some of the older ones, or closer to an ie900 kind of fit?

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #215 of 470
Can anyone please compare the bass of the Bonneville vs the Z1R ?

I know they are two very different IEMs tuning-wise, but everyone talks so much about the bass quality of the Z1R, so I'm wondering if the Bonneville with that new DD designed by Campfire can match Z1R's bass.... (or not.....)

Nov 15, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #216 of 470

I know they are two very different IEMs tuning-wise, but everyone talks so much about the bass quality of the Z1R, so I'm wondering if the Bonneville with that new DD designed by Campfire can match Z1R's bass.... (or not.....)
I'll be making this comparison in my full Bonneville review, coming soon. But sneak peek: very different bass presentations and overall tuning. And no, nothing has dethroned Z1R bass as yet for me, not even Bonneville, good as it is.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #218 of 470

Agree they are different. Bonneville is not a sub-bass monster, or maybe just a mini-monster. Focus to my ears is more on mid-bass fullness...

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #220 of 470
I don't hear muffled vocals in Bonneville. I wouldn't call it a vocal-centric or overly vocal forward IEM by any means but the vocals sound in no way muted, veiled or obstructed to my ears.

Edit: YMMV Etc. etc.

Edit 2: I know this is not possible for some folks, and I don't deny that graphs have their use/utility but I encourage folks who do have the means to try these for yourself and spend a bit of time before forming judgement.
I find the vocals to be clean and not at all muffled, but they can recede behind or be a little overwhelmed by the instrumental on some tracks.

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #222 of 470
Nov 16, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #224 of 470
BTW my Effect Audio EROS S 1ST ANNIVERSARY EDITION are on way and will be reaching tomorrow.... it was shipped from China. I was always under an impression these were designed and made in Singapore. Will see how it sounds with Cascara

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #225 of 470
I chose an Eletech Perseus for my Bonnie. They are beginning breakin at the moment.
How is the Perseus coming along? Tempted by this combo... Any insight would be most helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back