Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Nov 11, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #181 of 470
On another note, did anyone get the Deluxe version of the new Chromatic series and therefore the Dimensional Folding IEM Wallet? Curious about its size and use value. Thanks

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #182 of 470
On another note, did anyone get the Deluxe version of the new Chromatic series and therefore the Dimensional Folding IEM Wallet? Curious about its size and use value. Thanks
I have two of those, they are about 7.5" by 4" when folded in half and are held together when folded by magnets. They are nice and seem to be fairly high quality.

They do offer protection from scratches and things, but not impact protection like the older clamshell style cases.

I worry that the IEMs could be crushed if I am not careful, so for me they are fine for storage, but not a perfect solution for travel.

Nov 11, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #183 of 470
I have two of those, they are about 7.5" by 4" when folded in half and are held together when folded by magnets. They are nice and seem to be fairly high quality.

They do offer protection from scratches and things, but not impact protection like the older clamshell style cases.

I worry that the IEMs could be crushed if I am not careful, so for me they are fine for storage, but not a perfect solution for travel.
thanks that's exactly the information i was looking for :ok_hand:

Nov 12, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #188 of 470
I'm planning to buy Bonneville or Supermoon but can't make a decision which to choose... Is it worth to pay more money for Bonneville?

I think so (I own both), but it kind of depends what your priorities are. Bonneville has a more massive and deeper stage, is more bombastic, better bass quality and I would say better timbre in the mids. Supermoon has some advantages afforded by it being a single driver, has some technical advantages due to it being a planar however if you like the planar sound Supermoon is probably the best planar IEM on the market right now.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #190 of 470
Are there measurements for any of the new models?

Edit: Looks like only the Bonneville to me. Has way more energy at 8K than the Supermoon which I already found fatiguing. Wonder how the Cascara will measure.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #191 of 470
Are there measurements for any of the new models?

Edit: Looks like only the Bonneville to me. Has way more energy at 8K than the Supermoon which I already found fatiguing. Wonder how the Cascara will measure.
I can confidently report that I am super sensitive to 8K peaks and there is nothing like this whatsoever on the Bonnevilles. They are tuned quite well in the upper half of the FR

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #192 of 470
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #193 of 470
I was going from what measurements I can find. I may be more sensitive than you. I found the Supermoon a bit too hot but the Bonneville seems to be hotter.

https://kazi.squig.link/?share=Campfire_Bonneville,Campfire_Supermoon_Universal
I guess my point is "seems to be hotter" and actually hotter are two different things. The squig also doesn't really give a sense of just how monumental the bonneville mid-bass/lower mid soundstage is - you need to boost 7K-11K to give an equally expansive treble stage just to keep up. I would in no way call bonneville hot.

Nov 14, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #194 of 470
I guess my point is "seems to be hotter" and actually hotter are two different things. The squig also doesn't really give a sense of just how monumental the bonneville mid-bass/lower mid soundstage is - you need to boost 7K-11K to give an equally expansive treble stage just to keep up. I would in no way call bonneville hot.
It has more energy at 8k by several db either way you go about it though no?

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #195 of 470
I think so (I own both), but it kind of depends what your priorities are. Bonneville has a more massive and deeper stage, is more bombastic, better bass quality and I would say better timbre in the mids. Supermoon has some advantages afforded by it being a single driver, has some technical advantages due to it being a planar however if you like the planar sound Supermoon is probably the best planar IEM on the market right now.
Did you hear the Craft Ears Omnium? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back