Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Nov 9, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #152 of 470
#Yolo

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 10.46.33 AM.png

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #155 of 470
Which color'd ya get?? :ksc75smile:. That blue is gorgeous.

Blue, my favourite colour. Stoked to see how it looks with my Eletech Victoria.

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #156 of 470
I think the blue Cascara is my favorite color of the new series!

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #158 of 470
It's been a while since I posted on Head-Fi.

Bonnville CIEM arrived yesterday. I would like to briefly review it and compare it to Equinox and Solstice.
I like to listen to music on CIEM using a TWS adapter for about 4 hours every day while I work.
At home, I enjoy music with Devialet EXPERT220 and Bonicke W11SE+ and don't use earphones.

After using Bonnville for a day with the Go Pod, my first impression was the solid low frequency expression and vast sound field.
There are many earphones that have a distinctive low frequency range, but this is the first CIEM that sounds like Bonnville. You can clearly see the movement of the bass and the kick of the drums. I really like Equinox's powerful musical expression, but when I listened to it after listening to Bonnville, I felt it was a bit narrow and the overall sound had poor separation. I've always loved the Solstice because it has a very analytical sound, but the Bonnville allows me to perceive music more analytically.
Equinox and Solstice are good CIEMs that have their own characteristics, but based on those characteristics, I can definitely say that Bonnville is a one-level higher earphone.

The sound stage feels so wide that I can't believe it's an earphone, but unlike the Legend X, the bass was not blurry and the overall sound didn't sound muddy. Although the sound was not particularly clear, the separation of sounds was very good, and I was often surprised that such a sound was hidden in a familiar song for the first time. I was listening to it while imagining the common sense of conventional earphones, so at first I wondered what a strange sound it was and felt like I had a bad choice, but after listening to it for about 10 hours, I realized that Bonnville was a completely new type of earphone, and there was nothing to compare it to. My Bonnville haven't finished the burn-in yet, but I'm very happy to have Bonnville now.

If there is a downside to Bonnville, it's that those who find it too analytical may be dissatisfied with the lack of dynamism in the music. In fact, Equinox allows you to feel closer to the stage when listening to live albums. I think I will continue to use this CIEM as my main earphone for a while because of its mysterious charm.

It's Google Translate, but if you have any questions, I'll answer them.

Attachments

• 20231110_200148.jpg
    20231110_200148.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231110_200722.jpg
    20231110_200722.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 10, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #160 of 470
I chose an Eletech Perseus for my Bonnie. They are beginning breakin at the moment.

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #161 of 470
Is the fit on all the chromatic series iems the same or is there slight differences in size?
I have the Supermoon and Bonneville from the chromatic series and the fit is very similar but there are slight differences. The main difference for me is that the Bonneville seems to fit 1-2mm deeper in the ear canal. That's for the universal versions.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #162 of 470
I chose an Eletech Perseus for my Bonnie. They are beginning breakin at the moment.
Look forward to hearing your impressions. I was thinking of this same combo. Still might go with it. Going to try Eros S first

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #164 of 470
Look forward to hearing your impressions. I was thinking of this same combo. Still might go with it. Going to try Eros S first
Does the cable makes that much of a difference? or is it snake oil spending $899 on the cable...Stock cable which comes with the Campfire seems decent.. I have spent earlier on Audio quest for HDMI gear but not sure about the IEM space

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #165 of 470
After about 20 hours of breakin , the Bonnie/EleTech combo is the clearest, most dynamic combo in my collection. Money well spent.
L&P W4 playing Tidal is breakin source.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back