CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and Impressions) ORION / LYRA / JUPITER / ANDROMEDA
Aug 25, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #318 of 340
ok, first impressions with the Andromeda, I have listened to this for like an hour or so, tested using AK Jr(the dap has a warm sound sig):

Soundstage is wide and is probably the widest I have heard so far(for IEM).
Layering and imaging are excellent.
Bass is tight and accurate with good amount, good impact and excellent dynamic.
Mids is detailed and smooth with good body(not thin), more forward than jupiter, guitar sounds really good on this.
Treble is very well extended, and again detailed and smooth, I listen to metal exclusively so far, I have not felt fatigue yet.

Metal usually needs a good soundstage and layering to sound good and hear all instruments and details, this has it, and it does the job well.
Despite the sound signature leaning towards the bright side, this IEM is not harsh on metal recording and works very well for me although it is probably not the genre it's best at, I'm gonna test with other genre later.
Although in some songs, one of them being The Death and The labyrinth by AT The Gates, I feel that the singer(Tomas Lindberg) is too forward for my taste, (I'd like a little bit more distance, rather than the singer singing next to me)

overall, this is probably one of the best IEM I have heard yet.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #320 of 340
Hello everyone! it's good to be back...

Apologies for my absence. There was a personal concern that took me from the headfi hobby and reviews. Even my website thesoundfreq.com was temporarily unattended. Everything is gradually coming back to normal. I'd like to thank fellow headfiers who were very supportive and understood my situation.

I have updated the OP with the latest reviews from the tour. For those who aren't informed, the ANDROMEDA is currently active and being reviewed as part of the Australia-New Zealand tour. 

Special thanks to the reviewers who've recently posted their reviews. I hope the experience was worthwhile.
Please stay tuned for a few more Jupiter and Andromeda reviews.
Feel free to PM me if you have any queries regarding the tour.

Cheers!

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #321 of 340

Apologies for my absence. There was a personal concern that took me from the headfi hobby and reviews. Even my website thesoundfreq.com was temporarily unattended. Everything is gradually coming back to normal. I'd like to thank fellow headfiers who were very supportive and understood my situation.

I have updated the OP with the latest reviews from the tour. For those who aren't informed, the ANDROMEDA is currently active and being reviewed as part of the Australia-New Zealand tour. 

Special thanks to the reviewers who've recently posted their reviews. I hope the experience was worthwhile.

Cheers!

Very nice, thanks for all your work w.r.t the Campfire products. Hopefully @Brooko can get onto this one if he isn't too busy. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #322 of 340

Cheers!

Hi man, I hope everything is good.

I'll type in my andromeda review next Saturday.

BTW, Good to have you back!

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #323 of 340

Hi man, I hope everything is good.

I'll type in my andromeda review next Saturday.

BTW, Good to have you back!

Thanks mate.

Really looking forward to your review on the Andromeda.
Based on your preferred music genre, it should be an awesome experience.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #324 of 340
Very nice, thanks for all your work w.r.t the Campfire products. Hopefully @Brooko
 can get onto this one if he isn't too busy. :D

My pleasure. Brooko is going to review the Andromeda. If he's available in late September, that time slot is his.

Sep 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #325 of 340
I'll make room for it.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #326 of 340
I'll make room for it.

Thanks for the confirmation mate. I'll send a Pm when the Andromeda is ready to go your way. Cheers!

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #329 of 340
Is somebody able to tell me if all models (except Lyra) are sharing the same shell?
I fit well Orion so I wonder if I'll fit Andromeda the same. Thanks

Yes they both share the same mold. Only difference is the number of bores on the nozzles.

They fit my ears well considering I have small-average sized ears.

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #330 of 340
My review of the Andromeda is posted : http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-andromeda/reviews/17093

Users who are viewing this thread

Back