CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and Impressions) ORION / LYRA / JUPITER / ANDROMEDA
Feb 17, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #61 of 340
What are the dimensions for the Jupiter? I have a S3 T1000 dry case and I was curious if they would be able to store them. I don't like the Pelican 1010 case because it's rubber seal is unreliable to me.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #62 of 340
  What are the dimensions for the Jupiter? I have a S3 T1000 dry case and I was curious if they would be able to store them. I don't like the Pelican 1010 case because it's rubber seal is unreliable to me.

I guess all you need to know is the height/width (the longest points)

Roughly

24mm high (it will vary with different tips)

21mm wide.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #63 of 340

I guess all you need to know is the height/width (the longest points)

Roughly

24mm high (it will vary with different tips)

21mm wide.

Damn, that's pretty tall actually. Luckily the MMCX connector turns so I guess 24mm can be placed diagonally like my W60s with UM56 custom tips. If only someone had the case to test it out in lol. I appreciate your help on the measurements.

On the mention of dry cases, I really like the S3 T1000 case. When I went to the Philippines last year to visit my mom's family, I brought both my S3 T1000 and Pelican 1010 cases with me. The bonus for using Pelican is their ability to adjust to altitudes but that's about it. Nanuk 310 Nano case does it better. The S3 doesn't let ANYTHING in. So if you guys have any small IEMs that you want to keep safe for long periods of time or just in certain environments, S3 T1000 case would be the go to in my opinion.
Sorry for the paragraph. Its just a really nice portable case. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #64 of 340
Damn, that's pretty tall actually. Luckily the MMCX connector turns so I guess 24mm can be placed diagonally like my W60s with UM56 custom tips. If only someone had the case to test it out in lol. I appreciate your help on the measurements.

On the mention of dry cases, I really like the S3 T1000 case. When I went to the Philippines last year to visit my mom's family, I brought both my S3 T1000 and Pelican 1010 cases with me. The bonus for using Pelican is their ability to adjust to altitudes but that's about it. Nanuk 310 Nano case does it better. The S3 doesn't let ANYTHING in. So if you guys have any small IEMs that you want to keep safe for long periods of time or just in certain environments, S3 T1000 case would be the go to in my opinion.

Sorry for the paragraph. Its just a really nice portable case. 

That's an interesting share, thank you. I'm looking for a really small protective case so your post is mighty helpful.

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #65 of 340
That's an interesting share, thank you. I'm looking for a really small protective case so your post is mighty helpful.

No problem. Glad I could post something useful for at least one person.

I walk around with a Maxpedition Thermite Versipack around my waist/leg for all my audio and extras. So I personally needed a small case that would protect my IEMs from any weather while being small enough to fit inside the pouches. The S3 T1000 is the only thing that I have found to be the smallest while reasonably large. I would avoid the clear variant as I have always seem to have received ones that have cracked hinges. Don't know why but I would advise against it. Besides the colors, aside from the clear version, are made of ABS and are extremely strong.
The Nanuk 310 is a bit bigger than the T1000 and comes with a heavier price tag. However, it boasts some crazy build quality. While it supposedly doesn't resist against water as well as T1000, its quite a nice case for those that are much bigger. Both S3 and Nanuk makes WAY better cases than Pelican produces for their smaller lineup without o-rings. I couldn't trust it while in the Philippines because it let a large amount of humidity inside. Testing the seals, the rubber liner is unreliable as a seal. I might sound like I gripe too much but I wouldn't take a chance on anything when I spend this much on audio.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #67 of 340
I've received the Lyra. Looking forward to listening sessions with this baby!

Thanks for checking in mate!
I'm really interested to know your thoughts on them.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #68 of 340
Tour participants, this is a tracker to assist us throughout the tour. 
This will be kept up to date and available for your reference at the original post.

REVIEWERS TRACKER

Jupiter 1
Jupiter 2 
Lyra 1     
Lyra 2     
Orion 1   
Orion 2   
H20FidelityLoquahFnkcowWyd4D Marc0DjScope
BrookoFnkcowDjScopeD Marc0LoquahAde_Hall
DaduyDjvkoolH20FidelityPiksnzWyd4Brooko
Ade_HallWyd4LoquahBrookoFnkcowPiksnz
PiksnzDjScope Ade_HallH20FidelityDaduy
SvyrD marc0 Daduy  

Where the review unit's at: GREEN
Full review already posted: BLUE

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #69 of 340
Tour participants, this is a tracker to assist us throughout the tour. 
This will be kept up to date and available for your reference at the original post.

REVIEWERS TRACKER

[COLOR=00FF00]H20Fidelity[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]Loquah[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]Fnkcow[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]Wyd4[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]D Marc0[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]DjScope[/COLOR]
BrookoFnkcowDjScopeD Marc0LoquahAde_Hall
DaduyDjvkoolH20FidelityPiksnzWyd4Brooko
Ade_HallWyd4LoquahBrookoFnkcowPiksnz
PiksnzDjScope Ade_HallH20FidelityDaduy
SvyrD marc0 Daduy  

[TD]Jupiter 1[/TD]​
[TD]Jupiter 2 [/TD]​
[TD]Lyra 1     [/TD]​
[TD]Lyra 2     [/TD]​
[TD]Orion 1   [/TD]​
[TD]Orion 2   [/TD]​

Where the review unit's at: [COLOR=00FF00]GREEN[/COLOR]
Full review already posted: [COLOR=0000FF]BLUE[/COLOR]

@Wyd4
 @H20Fidelity
 @Loquah
 @fnkcow
 @d marc0
 @DJScope
 @Brooko
 @ade_hall
 @daduy
 @djvkool
 @piksnz
 @svyr

Nice work mate. Makes things nice and simple

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #71 of 340
Wow these earphones look so beautiful. Especially Jupiter would be the perfect definition of what I'd wish my earphone to be.
Can't wait to experience how they sound.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #72 of 340
  Wow these earphones look so beautiful. Especially Jupiter would be the perfect definition of what I'd wish my earphone to be.
Can't wait to experience how they sound.

Beautiful indeed! I hope you get to try them, coz they sound absolutely fantastic.
If you like natural and neutral sound, the Jupiter is one of the best I've tried.
Reviews will soon be posted so stay tuned.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #73 of 340

Beautiful indeed! I hope you get to try them, coz they sound absolutely fantastic.
If you like natural and neutral sound, the Jupiter is one of the best I've tried.
Reviews will soon be posted so stay tuned.

Hoping to type my review up tomorrow on the train...

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #74 of 340
Feb 24, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #75 of 340
Tomorrow I'm preparing photos for my Jupiter review then sending them onwards to Mr Brooks in New Zealand.

My tour reviews are taking a different approach this year to regular reviews.

They will be slightly shorter but cut to the chase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back