Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Vega

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
Oct 7, 2018 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Medikill

100+ Head-Fier
Trying to decide between these two IEM's

Was looking for people who have listened to both / own them and what your opinions are on which is the better

What i'm looking for is deep controlled bass and good treble extension

I mainly listen to Hip hop, pop and sometimes jazz

any advice / opinions would be much appreciated

Thank You :)

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 19
Haven’t heard them but in a couple of hours will be heading back to CanJam RMAF and they were on my list to hear so I’ll let you know what I think.

Oct 7, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 19
Vega would sound a bit smaller than Atlas with a peakier treble (which can be good or bad on some songs). In terms of soundstage, Vega IMHO portrays a little bit more precise in the 3D space than Atlas as Vega portrays the mids a little forward in comparison to Atlas (Maybe it's just the effect of the bass in Atlas). In other words, while Atlas is like a concert hall, Vega is more of a small orchestra hence me preferring Vega's soundstage. Finally, in terms of fit, Vega with the foam tip (truefidelity) is the MOST comfortable IEM I've ever worn bar none where it literally disappears from my sensation.

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #6 of 19
While I heard both at the show they didn’t have large tips for the Atlas so I have to push them in to get a proper seal so not a go thing there. They had foam tips for the Vega so I got a better sense of them. Since I couldn’t evaluate them equally I just will have to leave it there. Just have to say I didn’t find the Vega peaky at all but that is me.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 19
While I heard both at the show they didn’t have large tips for the Atlas so I have to push them in to get a proper seal so not a go thing there. They had foam tips for the Vega so I got a better sense of them. Since I couldn’t evaluate them equally I just will have to leave it there. Just have to say I didn’t find the Vega peaky at all but that is me.

I think that's my other concern fit, i've read that the vegas are easier to get a better seal on. Especially since i will try use them for running and gym.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 19
I currently have both and I'm deciding which one to keep. I got the Atlas at the RMAF because they sounded so good. @theveterans hit it on the head about the sound stage. The sound stages are different and each sounds great in its own right. In terms of fit I get a good seal on both with no issues, but the vega is one of the easiest to get a proper seal.

Oct 9, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 19
I currently have both and I'm deciding which one to keep. I got the Atlas at the RMAF because they sounded so good. @theveterans hit it on the head about the sound stage. The sound stages are different and each sounds great in its own right. In terms of fit I get a good seal on both with no issues, but the vega is one of the easiest to get a proper seal.

If you were given the choice b/w the vega or atlas, factoring in a $340 price difference which one would you go for? (I say $340 as i was able to get the Vegas for about $350 less than the atlas currently ($950 vs $1299))

Oct 9, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #10 of 19
I'm most likely going to keep the atlas. I'm still a/b them. A lot of it depends on what type of IEM you want. I enjoy the "bigger" sound of the atlas at the moment. The vegas are an amazing piece of work as well. If money is any sort of issue, I'd say go for the vega. I think you'll be happy either way you go. I need more time with the both of them to make a decision. I'd keep them both if the wife didn't have a say.

Oct 14, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 19
@Medikill have you made a decision on which iem you want?
Bought the Vegas, and they are good, but to compare i bought the atlas as well and which ever one i like better i'll just keep and sell the other. Still waiting on the atlas to arrive

Oct 14, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #15 of 19
I liked the fit of the Vega a very nice earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back