Camera Bag-Fi
Oct 4, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #33 of 50
When I'm commuting light I just throw my camera + 24-70 lens in my small Timbuk2 messenger bag. No padding. I don't throw my bags around so not a big deal.
If I need to carry around a laptop as well, I'll throw the camera + lens bare into my medium Waterfield cargo bag. Or if I feel like I need some padding or more gear I have a camera insert that fits into the cargo bag or a medium Timbuk2 messenger as well.
If I want to split the load onto both shoulders, Kata DR-467i.
If I'm out on a short trip with the kids, Crumpler 6 Million Dollar.
Want to tote around more equipment, ThinkTank Retrospective 30.
Flying halfway around the world, ThinkTank Shapeshifter.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #34 of 50
I have this for my Canon T3i w 18/135mm

LOWEPRO aw50
18-2204-IMG1_LRG.jpeg

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #35 of 50

Quote:
I have a Dakine Mission Photo. It's really well made and has room for everything. Even after a whole day of trekking around it doesn't get uncomfortable. My only complaint is that there isn't a lot of room for stuff other than the camera/lenses. 

I have that same bag in black:

It is a great bag and convenient to carry a tripod, but I usually carry my smaller Lowepro 150AW.  It is more convenient when I don't need a lot of kit.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #36 of 50

Quote:

It is a great bag and convenient to carry a tripod, but I usually carry my smaller Lowepro 150AW.  It is more convenient when I don't need a lot of kit.

I've also picked up their new Video DSLR Fastpack bag, but it's the 350AW model. Great bag -- one of the few designs that provide ample space for both camera equipment and audio equipment. I like the cable organizer as well as the headphone attachment loop in the upper section -- helps keep things organized without squashing expensive and fragile headsets like the Audio Technica ESW9.

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #38 of 50
For short phot trips where I know I only need my Nikon D90 and Tamron 17-50 28 I use Lowepro Apex 110AW. It takes my camera with lens attached with a bit of space for an extra battery and small batteries.

When I go on holiday and plan on carrying D90 and Tamron 17-50 + Tamron 70-200 and Metz 48AF I put it all in Kata Access-17. An excellent bag that hold the stuff I mentioned plus stuff I need walking around like tissues, energy bars, etc., etc.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #39 of 50
New bag!

This is the Ona Union Street, premium waxed canvas and leather messenger bag that doesn't look like a camera bag at all.

I like the slim, thin dimensions. Of course, this means you can't pack too much stuff into it or you will get a bulge and it will no longer remain slim. This is the interior, along with an 85mm f/1.2 and 24mm f/1.4. The 5D Mark II with 50mm f/1.2 goes into the empty slot in between the two lenses, with the hand grip resting over one of the dividers. The remaining compartment at the far left can be used to store a large flash, misc accessories or even a small PMP with portable amp and IEMs. Right now I have a rocket blower and 270EXII flash in there though.

This is the front compartment. A lot of reviews say it is very tight and cramped though -- and this is true if you fully load the bag with a laptop and large lenses. When reasonably loaded, however, it can store a good amount of small goods: I have keys, batteries, memory cards, pens, pencils and light meter inside:

Overall, I really like it for everyday or vacation use when I don't need to pack anything heavy. This setup weighs only 6.3kg, which makes it very light and comfortable for all-day use.

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #40 of 50

Tamrac Cyber Pro, had it for years and it's still like new. Made for a 12" Mac Powerbook in the front flap, it carries my Tx1000 tablet/laptop perfectly now.

I hate lugging stuff around, that's not "the way I roll" if I can help it
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #41 of 50
I hope you don't mind my strange camera setup but we're talking bags here.

For my Nikon P900 I have an Lowepro Apex 140 AW.
For my Sony RX-100 MkII I have a Lowepro Nova 180 AW.
For My Panasonic M4/3 kit (now with GX-8) I have a Wotancraft Ranger and Wotancraft Ryker. Never want anything else again!
I've seen some bags here and on the web) that resemble the Ryker but the quality of Wotancraft is stunning. Plerase do take a look at the videos in one of my links.

If I would buy one more camera it would be the Sony DSC-RX1-R MkII but the price is what's holding me off. It would get a Wotancraft Paratrooper.

http://www.wotancraft.com/home.php?lan=_en
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/tag/wotancraft/

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #43 of 50
My go-to bags are the F-Stop Loka and Guru for longer trips, and a Domke F-802 bag w/ Tenba insert for shorter day trips where I don't want to lug everything around. Love all 3.  F-Stop makes absolutely fantastic bags for carrying a lot of gear outdoors when hiking/etc., and the Domke (w/ the insert - it's practically required) is a very durable messenger-style bag. With the insert, the Domke is good for carrying my 5D3 along with 2 extra lenses, including lenses up to a 70-200 2.8 - I can't see it holding anything much larger than that, though.  Meanwhile the F-Stop bags can carry my entire kit of a 5D3, along with 6 lenses, a tripod, and whatever small accessories I might need to bring with me.  I've had all 3 of these for 4+ years and not had a single issue with any of them.  Might update with some pictures when able, but a quick google search should suffice.  I don't think the Guru is available any more, but I believe F-Stop still makes a version of the Loka.  

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #44 of 50
I've been using an Domke 803 waxwear for my daily camera rigs. Most of my bigger kit is studio or architectural location, and so in Pelikan cases or other less portable containters.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #45 of 50
I use the Acronym 3A-5TS's with either open inserts or 3D printed, suspended inserts. It's not a camera bag but it serves as one for me, since I rarely carry more than one additional lens and often it's just either a fixed-lens camera or a body + single lens. For things like the RX100 I just put in a utility pouch insert. or put a pouch on the external MOLLE webbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back