Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?
Nov 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #346 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it compare to M-Audio Transit and Trends UD-10.1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on this.

I have 2 options now, the M-Audio and HagUSB.
What's the difference between them?

And, the question is if I use it, can I get 24bit/96khz?

Ok it's rather OT, but interested too, so:

x3 on this

another possible candidate (not sure about the 24bit/96khz): The USB Receiver Module

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #349 of 920
well if its OP 275G, anyone fancy plugging in a HDAM and see how that shakes?

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #350 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by theeviljesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok it's rather OT, but interested too, so:

x3 on this

another possible candidate (not sure about the 24bit/96khz): The USB Receiver Module

and also:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/y1-...ml#post4896517

Lil' Knight, there's a good discussion on the other forum's y1 thread about the nuts 'n' bolts of USB to SPDIF conversion there as well...

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #351 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and also:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/y1-...ml#post4896517

Lil' Knight, there's a good discussion on the other forum's y1 thread about the nuts 'n' bolts of USB to SPDIF conversion there as well...

The y1 dac does look interesting. I've been thinking about it to use with my portable amp when I don't to use the DM.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #352 of 920
It can also be built as a only a USB -> SPDIF converter (using the PCM2702 chip and just onbe of the PC boards and a handful of parts...)

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #353 of 920
So I am staring at the uncased DM and the first Mod that pops out at me is changing the electrolytic PS, output and bypass caps to boutique.

Perhaps even before the Sigma11 - it appears the wall wart is essentially serving only as transformer, there are banks of caps and regs inside to supply stable and cleaned up power to the various components.

But I'm even newer to modding than building
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #355 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I am staring at the uncased DM and the first Mod that pops out at me is changing the electrolytic PS, output and bypass caps to boutique.

Perhaps even before the Sigma11 - it appears the wall wart is essentially serving only as transformer, there are banks of caps and regs inside to supply stable and cleaned up power to the various components.

But I'm even newer to modding than building
confused_face(1).gif

You might be better off just using and enjoying the DAC for a while, and then sell it when or if you upgrade later.

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #357 of 920
Does any of you head-fiers resident in the UK happen to know of a reputable Cambridge Audio retailer that ships to other EU countries? Richer Sounds (CA is sort of their house brand, right?) does not, but I would like to benefit from the currently very weak British pound by purchasing my DACMagic from the UK rather than from a Euro currency country...

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #358 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnishFlash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does any of you head-fiers resident in the UK happen to know of a reputable Cambridge Audio retailer that ships to other EU countries? Richer Sounds (CA is sort of their house brand, right?) does not, but I would like to benefit from the currently very weak British pound by purchasing my DACMagic from the UK rather than from a Euro currency country...

Me too, but having already requested to Richer Sounds by mail to buy from them the DM they reply " please contact your distributor in France " the only thing we can do is to know somebody in England who accept to buy for us ..
I 'm looking for ...

In France the future retail price is € 390 incredible ......

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #359 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might be better off just using and enjoying the DAC for a while, and then sell it when or if you upgrade later.

Thanks for the advice, I am definitely liking the way it sounds right now.

It definitely will NOT benefit from a Sigma 11 - DUH, as I failed to notice the wall wart supplies 12V AC. Pretty apparent from the PS components inside...

As for Mods - well...
wink_face.gif
Nothing firm on the plate yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back