Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?
Nov 18, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #362 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by dee phazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, but having already requested to Richer Sounds by mail to buy from them the DM they reply " please contact your distributor in France " the only thing we can do is to know somebody in England who accept to buy for us ..
I 'm looking for ...

In France the future retail price is € 390 incredible ......

No authorized dealer will probably sell you the DM. We discussed the price a few pages back and there are many prices each for another country. By selling you a UK DM your local dealer will get nothing. They're protecting it and probably have loads of rules for it.

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #363 of 920
No 'Linux' mentioned in this thread: has anyone tried it in Linux? Working well?

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #364 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No authorized dealer will probably sell you the DM. We discussed the price a few pages back and there are many prices each for another country. By selling you a UK DM your local dealer will get nothing. They're protecting it and probably have loads of rules for it.

sorry but I 'm sure a local dealer in London will accept to sell me a DM if I go to London for looking for it , I 've already requested the availability...and they are ready to reserve one with one of their shops, problem I' ve no time for the time being to take Eurostar and loose a day ...

My local dealer in France by selling € 390 will have a lot of problems to sell it,
I 'm sure about that.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #365 of 920
Maybe I should buy a bunch of these and stick them on ebay!

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #366 of 920
I would be interested in that, I've mentioned it before
smily_headphones1.gif

Now is the time with the British Pound so low.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #367 of 920
Quote:

My local dealer in France by selling € 390 will have a lot of problems to sell it,
I 'm sure about that.

The local Finnish dealer has put a price tag of €399 onto it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #368 of 920
Portuguese dealer: 368€

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #369 of 920
Quote:

Isn't that against the Common Market rules? I understood that the who idea of the EU and the Common Market was to make it easier for consumers to travel and buy goods across border with no restrictions.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #370 of 920
Some manufactures are trying very hard to fight globalization, and ultimately loosing big time, just imagine a brand that is fighting so hard that ultimately just stops people from buying it's products... specially with the global economy in the ****ter, it's just stupid.

I simply cannot in good conscience buy locally a product that within the EU has such a price difference.

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #371 of 920
Quote:

sorry but I 'm sure a local dealer in London will accept to sell me a DM if I go to London for looking for it , I 've already requested the availability...and they are ready to reserve one with one of their shops, problem I' ve no time for the time being to take Eurostar and loose a day ...

I 'm sure about that.

Yeah sure he'll sell one to you but there is a big difference if you go to him. But what do you think would happen if everybody would get their DMs out of the UK for a much lower price? No one will get their DM local for such ridiculous prices. Therefore people won't buy local affecting those dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyB1
Isn't that against the Common Market rules? I understood that the who idea of the EU and the Common Market was to make it easier for consumers to travel and buy goods across border with no restrictions.

Well, I think the problem with Cambridge here is that there are way too much middlemen. From the factory they first go to the UK. From there they will go to other (international) dealers. Those dealers have costs from shipping, handling etc. Hence the higher price. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMnEd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some manufactures are trying very hard to fight globalization, and ultimately loosing big time, just imagine a brand that is fighting so hard that ultimately just stops people from buying it's products... specially with the global economy in the ****ter, it's just stupid.

I simply cannot in good conscience buy locally a product that within the EU has such a price difference.

Amen. A difference of 200€. Meh.

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #372 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I should buy a bunch of these and stick them on ebay!

Nice idea. Not sure wheter I'd buy one, but I think the general interest would be there (depending on the price difference and wheter you would play "middle-man" in warranty issues).

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #373 of 920
Quote:

Yeah sure he'll sell one to you but there is a big difference if you go to him. But what do you think would happen if everybody would get their DMs out of the UK for a much lower price? No one will get their DM local for such ridiculous prices. Therefore people won't buy local affecting those dealers.

Well, I think the problem with Cambridge here is that there are way too much middlemen. From the factory they first go to the UK. From there they will go to other (international) dealers. Those dealers have costs from shipping, handling etc. Hence the higher price. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Amen. A difference of 200€. Meh.

To be clear with you Richer sounds doesn't accept to ship outside UK but it is sure they accept to sell to somebody who goes to him the problem is the justification of the difference between the distributors in Europe and in the states. Do you consider that the difference of € 160 between the retail price in France and the price in UK is just a problem of shipping charges, handling etc... I don't believe that sorry I 'd prefer to buy with my local dealer but not with a such difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back