Dec 6, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #391 of 920
Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to plug in all the stuffs
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #392 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can sombody recomend me good shop in europe where I can order DacMagic? I live in the Czech republic and price here is around GBP 320.
I am also thinking about Abrahamsen V6.0 if the price will be max. NOK 3995.

For you the price will be higher, since Norway isn't part of EU - you have to pay VAT + import duties.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #393 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine should be here tomorrow or Monday
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to plug in all the stuffs
biggrin.gif

Same! I bought one from Anadin in the FS boards. If he posted it yesterday it should be here around Monday or Tuesday.
biggrin.gif
Haven't heard from him shipping though.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #394 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same! I bought one from Anadin in the FS boards. If he posted it yesterday it should be here around Monday or Tuesday.
biggrin.gif
Haven't heard from him shipping though.

That's great! I have to wait >1 month to get this. Mine will be one of the last ones they have in stock.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #395 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For you the price will be higher, since Norway isn't part of EU - you have to pay VAT + import duties.

Thanks for news, I didn't know that, I remeber from school that Norway has a lot of fish and EU wanted fish from them, probably it is reason why Norway isnt't part of EU.

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #396 of 920
I had no idea that Norwegians have to pay import duties on goods sent from a EU country. I post stuff to Norway every week and so far my customers have never mentioned to me that they were charged for the goods
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #397 of 920
Knopi is from Czech Republic and Abrahamsen is in Norway. And no the fish isn't the main reason. We want their oil money
biggrin.gif
. As far as I know krmathis was hit with obligation to pay VAT or import duty, when his community made beta 22 arrived.

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #398 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for news, I didn't know that, I remeber from school that Norway has a lot of fish and EU wanted fish from them, probably it is reason why Norway isnt't part of EU.

Not to forget our massive oil resources and related income.
beerchug.gif

$60,000,000,000 or so a year to the government. Not bad for a country with just 4,800,000 inhabitants...

Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Knopi is from Czech Republic and Abrahamsen is in Norway. And no the fish isn't the main reason. We want their oil money
biggrin.gif
. As far as I know krmathis was hit with obligation to pay VAT or import duty, when his community made beta 22 arrived.

Correct! 25% VAT of the declared value, plus ~$40 in fees for the two parcels.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #399 of 920
I'm a bit confused here, 200 pounds, the list price, is currently about $293, yet new units are only available for $400. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #400 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a bit confused here, 200 pounds, the list price, is currently about $293, yet new units are only available for $400. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Probably due to the pound's freefall against the dollar, and retailers are lagging.

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #401 of 920
I guess given this, does anyone know any retailers in the UK that will ship to the USA? I would think that shipping shouldn't be too much.

Dec 7, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #402 of 920
Just got the notice Friday that mine is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, happy joy. My computer audio will finally be listenable. Old soundcard in there will be bypassed.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #403 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Brits are broke, and somebody is going to have to rescue us. I expect a lot of UK goods to get more expensive around the world, instead of cheaper.

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #404 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great! I have to wait >1 month to get this. Mine will be one of the last ones they have in stock.

Whoohoo! He shipped my DacMagic! It's going to be my first DAC and can't wait for it. Did you get yours already?

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #405 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoohoo! He shipped my DacMagic! It's going to be my first DAC and can't wait for it. Did you get yours already?

Not yet.
They don't ship on weekend
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back