Cambridge DACMagic, anyone?
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #316 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't have intention of going balanced, there's still better choice SE DAC out there. The only reason I chose the DM is it's balanced output. If it hadn't been for that, I would have chosen other DAC.

I'm interested in the DACmagic but haven't heard one yet. Do you have one and what do you think is better in the same price range? I'm not going to use the balanced outputs.

Thanks!

Jim

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #318 of 920
Quote:

If you don't go with balanced, the forthcoming Pico standalone DAC is definitely worth having a thought.
Basing on Mike's impression, I think it'd be awesome.

I'm not interested in a head phone DAC/amp but rather one for my speaker home audio system with a Squeezebox Duet as the transport.

On my short list are:

DACmagic
CI VDA-2
Keces 131.1
Used DAC62

I'm not sure what I'll end up with but I find those of interest.

Any recommendations?

Jim

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #320 of 920
I'm running my 650 directly from the balanced output. sounds great to my ears though. yet to compare with my darkvoice 337.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #321 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody tried using it with balanced output compared to normal? How big is the difference?
Should I settle with this for a Stax system (SR-404 and SRM-1/MK2 but will upgrade to amplifier with balanced input later) or I should get a better one?

In my notes earlier in the thread listening to it was with XLR only, we didn't try the RCA out.

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #323 of 920
Quote:

If you don't go with balanced, the forthcoming Pico standalone DAC is definitely worth having a thought.
Basing on Mike's impression, I think it'd be awesome.

Any idea when it will be available?

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #324 of 920
Quote:

If you don't have intention of going balanced, there's still better choice SE DAC out there. The only reason I chose the DM is it's balanced output. If it hadn't been for that, I would have chosen other DAC.

The seller also has a Mhdt Lab Constantine+ for sale. I listened to the system with that and it was great, but I have no comparison whatsoever so maybe a Stax would benefit from a better DAC, I don't know. Would it be a better choice? Maybe if I buy the whole package in one, I will get some extra discount.
The local (introductory) price of a DACMagic seems to be quite low (and I don't have to suffer from the current exchange rates). For example, the Pico DAC-only from the USA would be too expensive so these are my two choices at the moment...

Nov 14, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #325 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by dee phazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the dacmagic really available now in England with Richer sounds ? Because in France it 's not yet available......

The DacMagic has been available in England from Richer sounds for well over a month.

Nov 14, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #326 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DacMagic has been available in England from Richer sounds for well over a month.

thanks you, I 'm going to take eurostar to buy it, if it's not available next week at the latest ...

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #327 of 920
@anadin

Would you mind sharing your impressions how the DACMagic compares to your Stello DA100Signature (or others that you own)?

- don't mean to start the discussion about the sense and nonsense of these comparisons again...just interested..

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #328 of 920
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_eleven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea when it will be available?

Best way is to PM Justin and have his confirmation. I'm not really sure when it'll be released, but should be soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by theeviljesus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you mind sharing your impressions how the DACMagic compares to your Stello DA100Signature (or others that you own)?

x2 on that. The Stello 100 is my next upgrade after the DM so impression please
beerchug.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #329 of 920
Quote:

x2 on that. The Stello 100 is my next upgrade after the DM so impression please
beerchug.gif

HeadphoneAddict already compared two. Check for his impressions in Colorado meet post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back