Cambridge 740c -vs- Cambridge 840c, sonically?
Oct 11, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #76 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, out of curiosity what store did you buy them from? That price tag seems attractive :]

http://www.absolutehifi.com.au/index.php in Liverpool. The prices they offer in store are way lower then the prices on their website. They quoted the 640c at $700 which was tempting, but I decided the need for a DAC as well as a cd player was worth almost a grand more.

Oct 11, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #77 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjapixie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.absolutehifi.com.au/index.php in Liverpool. The prices they offer in store are way lower then the prices on their website. They quoted the 640c at $700 which was tempting, but I decided the need for a DAC as well as a cd player was worth almost a grand more.

Sweet! Thanks alot.

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #78 of 220
840Cfrontright.jpg

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #79 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by daltonlanny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever since the very positive review of the Cambridge Azur 840c in the September 2007 issue of The Absolute Sound, the 840c has been on back order at The Audio Advisor, and is now among their top 3 best sellers as far as cd players goes. I ordered one Saturday, and was told today that they are back order, so I don't know how long it will be before I get mine.

what happened. i saw that you sold your Azur 840C?
confused.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #80 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happened. i saw that you sold your Azur 840C?
confused.gif

I saw that too (or I am reading it wrong). And after such a glowing review. I am so confused
blink.gif
. Now the 8001 is the better unit?

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #81 of 220
Quote:

Yep, going balanced a little at a time!
I am buying a used HeadAmp GS-X, a used pair of Signal Cable Silver Resolution balanced XLR interconnects, and I am now trying to decide which balanced Sennheiser headphone cable to go with.
Any suggestions anyone?

Hey Daltonlanny, I have noticed you put your 840C up for sale already!!! Could you give us some idea as to why you are selling after such a short ownership period? Was the CDP giving you any problem that was latent in your shoot-out?

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #82 of 220
The reason I am selling the 840c is to help pay some bills due to an accident in my family.
I am still very happy with the sonics of this player, and will miss it dearly, but I must preserve my credit which is more important to me right now.
I also had to sell my GS-X, my balanced cables, as well as one of my automobiles, to raise some funds for the unforseen accident and the resulting bills.
I will not be able to buy anymore cd players, headphones, cables, or any other audio gear for a long time to come.
Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #83 of 220
Holy cow. Sorry to hear that, daltonlanny. Best wishes, good luck, and take care.................

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #84 of 220
Sorry to hear that daltonlanny. I hope everything works out for you and for your family.

Thanks to you and others here that spoke highly of 840C....I got it too and I could not be happier.

Quote:

The reason I am selling the 840c is to help pay some bills due to an accident in my family.
I am still very happy with the sonics of this player, and will miss it dearly, but I must preserve my credit which is more important to me right now.
I also had to sell my GS-X, my balanced cables, as well as one of my automobiles, to raise some funds for the unforseen accident and the resulting bills.
I will not be able to buy anymore cd players, headphones, cables, or any other audio gear for a long time to come.
Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Oct 23, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #85 of 220
yikes...good luck with your family

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #87 of 220
May you be watched over by your master and heal your burdens. Sorry to hear of this as I know you were enjoying the 840 very much. You are busy with the right priorities and we all hope the best will come of it. Good luck.

David

Oct 24, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #88 of 220
Thanks so much for the sympathy and support, guys.
You guys are truly the greatest anywhere!
Maybe I can get back on my feet, financially, really soon.
Another thing, if I have ever offended anyone in any way on this forum, I apologize.
I know that sometimes my decisions and opinions in audio may sound outlandish or crazy sometimes!
Again, I can't thank all of you enough!

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #90 of 220
Good luck and take care, daltonlanny. We are all pulling for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back