Calling out Fostex T50RP modders! Which mod do you think is the best for house music?
Oct 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xecure

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking to mod a pair of fostex t50rp's I bought a few weeks ago. They have a very neutral sound to them (little lacking in the bass) and I am looking to mod them in a way that will bring out the bass. I'm going for a more "fun" pair of cans than an accurate pair. What mods have you done that bought out the "fun" in these cans? =D

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 3
based on my experience modding a t50rp, bringing up the bass (into a bassy t50rp) uses this config: paxmate on the cups, plasticine on the baffle, srh840 pads, no cotton stuffing. that should bring out the bass and sound more "fun". if bass is too much, put some cotton stuffing (fiberfill, cotton, etc) to reduce the bass and bring up the treble.

if you find the above mod still lacking in bass, put some "bass lens" infront of the driver. just search the forum on what does "bass lens" mean.

although i still recommend that it is still best to get advice from the t50rp thread =)

HTH

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
based on my experience modding a t50rp, bringing up the bass (into a bassy t50rp) uses this config: paxmate on the cups, plasticine on the baffle, srh840 pads, no cotton stuffing. that should bring out the bass and sound more "fun". if bass is too much, put some cotton stuffing (fiberfill, cotton, etc) to reduce the bass and bring up the treble.

if you find the above mod still lacking in bass, put some "bass lens" infront of the driver. just search the forum on what does "bass lens" mean.

although i still recommend that it is still best to get advice from the t50rp thread =)

HTH

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even think to post this in the T50RP thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back