CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #91 of 249
Quote:
yea, bring it along there will be people interested in everything. I will bring my WA2 with tube upgrade's and the Arcam R DAC. I also have HD 595, HD 650 and Beyerdynamic T1. I think gerry123456 just got a pair of Fostex TH900.

Can you bring those Gerry? I would love to hear them, supposedly they sound good with the WA2 despite the low impedance.

You don't miss much! LOL. Yea, they should be a keeper (I could return them to the supplier for the next week or so if I want
blink.gif
), so I would plan on bringing them, the Grado PS1000 (though might end up selling them ... either before the event via eBay or at the event if anyone falls in love with them and makes a decent offer), and the Graham Slee Ultra Linear amp. I'll bring my ACS T1s, too, but they are for my ears only, so folks can look, but not use
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #92 of 249
Quote:

You don't miss much! LOL. Yea, they should be a keeper (I could return them to the supplier for the next week or so if I want
blink.gif
), so I would plan on bringing them, the Grado PS1000 (though might end up selling them ... either before the event via eBay or at the event if anyone falls in love with them and makes a decent offer), and the Graham Slee Ultra Linear amp. I'll bring my ACS T1s, too, but they are for my ears only, so folks can look, but not use
tongue.gif

Cool. As it happens i know someone looking to buy those grados. the person is american though which could be a bit of a problem. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #93 of 249
Quote:
Cool. As it happens i know someone looking to buy those grados. the person is american though which could be a bit of a problem. 

It's OK, I can take dollar bills for payment
tongue_smile.gif
. Hahahaha. Seriously though, if I still have them by our September meet, I guess we could post them via some secure shipping method if whoever he/she trusts to verify during the meet they sound OK signs off on them, so to speak. However, not 100% sure if I'll sell them. I have a few financial pokers in the fire, so waiting to see what happens there if I need the money or not.

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #95 of 249
i was joking
as i had just hooked up another wave of power supplies to the control pc, and thought it was getting a little big for bringing around.

that being said id be curious to see how it would stack up against some of the other gear that would be there

i suppose if there was people interested in hearing it id put in the effort to do a demo

nige

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #96 of 249
Just bumping the thread ... how confident are we that the meet (only approx 5ish weeks away ... scary) is going to happen? Cheers

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #97 of 249
Quote:
Just bumping the thread ... how confident are we that the meet (only approx 5ish weeks away ... scary) is going to happen? Cheers

the official numbers are not in yet. fran didn't get back to me with numbers from tir na hifi 

So far we have me you and fran + chi and SothisIsSound. I have 4 other people that are gonna come also but are not on Headfi. 
That's 9 but it doesn't include the people that are interested but never said that they would come for sure. 
Also stereo people are not included in that. 
I will send Fran a message on TirNaHiFi to see how his list is coming along. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #98 of 249
Quote:
the official numbers are not in yet. fran didn't get back to me with numbers from tir na hifi 

So far we have me you and fran + chi and SothisIsSound. I have 4 other people that are gonna come also but are not on Headfi. 
That's 9 but it doesn't include the people that are interested but never said that they would come for sure. 
Also stereo people are not included in that. 
I will send Fran a message on TirNaHiFi to see how his list is coming along. 

Perfect! Many thanks!

I can confirm I have now kept the Fostex TH-900s I got recently, so I'll bring them (in addition to my other gear). Look forward to hearing them on any capable amps - they're very low impedance, so hopefully someone will have something suitable.

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #99 of 249
Quote:

Perfect! Many thanks!

I can confirm I have now kept the Fostex TH-900s I got recently, so I'll bring them (in addition to my other gear). Look forward to hearing them on any capable amps - they're very low impedance, so hopefully someone will have something suitable.

I have a WA2 and I know its not optimal, but dubstep girl informs me that they sound good on it because of there efficiency, so that will be an interesting one. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #100 of 249
Also Cloney have a lot more gear than is on their website. I was on the phone to Ivan talking about different DAC's and amps that they have. They will have an amp that can drive the TH900 really well, the only thing is it will probably be "Uber" high end. 

I want to get low impedance headphones because there is only the HD800 left for me if i stick with my WA2 so i am looking forward to the meet. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #101 of 249
Quote:
Also Cloney have a lot more gear than is on their website. I was on the phone to Ivan talking about different DAC's and amps that they have. They will have an amp that can drive the TH900 really well, the only thing is it will probably be "Uber" high end. 

I want to get low impedance headphones because there is only the HD800 left for me if i stick with my WA2 so i am looking forward to the meet. 

Uber high end ... yummy!
L3000.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #102 of 249
Quote:

Uber high end ... yummy!
L3000.gif

Yea they have a 30,000 euro amp that we can use to power the HD800, Can you imagine that. 
I presume it will power low impedance like the  Fostex easily also. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #103 of 249
So here is the list. 

Fran
magicabbage
sdiesel77
nige2000
peterk
sligolad
Ivor
Tony
Rocker
Sebna
Maciej
FRD1996
Gerry123456
Chi
SoThisIsSoun
Markgreville
+ Friends that are not on headfi = John,Lucy,Kev,

That makes 19, not including the maybes and other people who are interested. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #104 of 249
Quote:
So here is the list. 

Fran
magicabbage
sdiesel77
nige2000
peterk
sligolad
Ivor
Tony
Rocker
Sebna
Maciej
FRD1996
Gerry123456
Chi
SoThisIsSoun
Markgreville
+ Friends that are not on headfi = John,Lucy,Kev,

That makes 19, not including the maybes and other people who are interested. 

Great job ... well done the organizers! Got the final date, time etc?

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #105 of 249
Mark cant make it on the 21st so i was thinking can we move it to another date that would suite? the week before or the week after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back