CALLING ALL IRISH MEMBERS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #46 of 249
Srs bzns, the internet.....

what gear have you got?

Hi all,

I'd be interested - in both cans and speakers. I can probably hold it here at my home if that suits, I'm outside Naas in Co. Kildare. No direct public transport to me (nearest train station is about 6k away) but with some coordination I'm sure we can work out lifts etc. I have 2 rooms suitable for use, one is set up for speakers etc, the other can be easily used for headphones. Most of my stuff is DIY, all sources covered, vinyl, CDP, PC based, valves, solid state, horns, quads, HD650, k701, etc.

There is a local hifi forum here in ireland, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed link to it from here (last time I posted here was when we set up the forum and after I posted it here that time the thread was deleted by a mod....kinda put me off coming back here tbh) but if you google for "hi end hifi ireland" you'll find it!

We've had a few meet ups once or twice a year, they are good fun, great to meet people etc. Its usually been more about non-headphone stuff, but no reason why it wouldn't be of interest to have both.

Declaration: I'm involved in the trade now, and there are probably plenty of rules about where I can or can't post etc. Don't really want to either upset mods here, or other users etc etc. I have written to jude to ask about a new registration, but haven't heard back yet.

Mods if you want to remove this post, feel free and I won't post again.

Fran

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #47 of 249
Quote:
Hi all,

I'd be interested - in both cans and speakers. I can probably hold it here at my home if that suits, I'm outside Naas in Co. Kildare. No direct public transport to me (nearest train station is about 6k away) but with some coordination I'm sure we can work out lifts etc. I have 2 rooms suitable for use, one is set up for speakers etc, the other can be easily used for headphones. Most of my stuff is DIY, all sources covered, vinyl, CDP, PC based, valves, solid state, horns, quads, HD650, k701, etc.

There is a local hifi forum here in ireland, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed link to it from here (last time I posted here was when we set up the forum and after I posted it here that time the thread was deleted by a mod....kinda put me off coming back here tbh) but if you google for "hi end hifi ireland" you'll find it!

We've had a few meet ups once or twice a year, they are good fun, great to meet people etc. Its usually been more about non-headphone stuff, but no reason why it wouldn't be of interest to have both.

Declaration: I'm involved in the trade now, and there are probably plenty of rules about where I can or can't post etc. Don't really want to either upset mods here, or other users etc etc. I have written to jude to ask about a new registration, but haven't heard back yet.

Mods if you want to remove this post, feel free and I won't post again.

Fran

hopefully this will go ahead i am really interested anyway and will keep in touch. I know others interested in speakers also so i think this will work out. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #49 of 249
Great, im not too far from Naas so would suit me!

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #50 of 249
Quote:
Great, im not too far from Naas so would suit me!

deadly when we get a few replies from tirnahifi we will set a date. it should be a great day. 

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #51 of 249
keep in mind that when i was at the New York meet there were probably 40 people there so we may have to go with smaller numbers than that, being as its Ireland and all :wink:

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #52 of 249
Quote:
keep in mind that when i was at the New York meet there were probably 40 people there so we may have to go with smaller numbers than that, being as its Ireland and all :wink:

really only 40 in that case we should be happy with 4! 
wink.gif

If ti goes ahead and it is headphones and speakers i think we could get at least 15 - 20. i personally know 3 people who are not on headfi that would go. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #54 of 249
Quote:
Ok, so moving this on a bit -thinking of dates? How would one of the first few weekends in September suit?

Just throwing it out there to see what suits...
Fran

Perfect. we should try get numbers together. 

are you still thinking of having at your place in naas?

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #55 of 249
Yeah, I don't mind. It's whatever suits really, but having it in my place makes it much easier for the regular HiFi guys - hauling speakers etc is tough.

If that suits everyone?

There's upto 8 or 9 from tirnahifi who would be interested....

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #56 of 249
Quote:
Yeah, I don't mind. It's whatever suits really, but having it in my place makes it much easier for the regular HiFi guys - hauling speakers etc is tough.

If that suits everyone?

There's upto 8 or 9 from tirnahifi who would be interested....

I wanted to ask you what DAc do you use?

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #58 of 249
No, I don't live in a wood cabin.... I'm in the sticks but not that isolated!

Dacs: buffalo, Peter Daniels nos, pass d1, 9022 battery powered (EUVL on diyAudio) jkdac32.

A few of the lads have some nice dacs if they can come along, meitner, John might give us a ciunas to try etc.

Fran

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #59 of 249
Hi guys. A supplier for hifi-man said that he would send some stuff out for the meet if we got it together. this is great news. I have personally never heard a planar magnetic headphone and would love to try one. so if you guys are interested let me know and we can try set a date. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #60 of 249
Forgive my utter ignorance, but is Naas (assuming that's the location) reasonably got to (both in cost and journey time etc) from Connolly station? I know very little of Dublin outside the main town centre and definitely need to travel down on the train from Norn Irn.

September would probably work for me ... though I am planning some holidays away that month ... no definite dates yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back