Calling all Grado experts...need help identifying these SR80's
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mlantinen

Member of the Trade: Martin Custom Audio
Hi.  I just compulsively bought a pair of SR80's on the fleabay.  I saw the box and it was the older vintage model.  It was a buy now and I just lost a pair of vintage SR125's the other day that was a buy now because I was researching them to long.  So I eagerly (also perhaps stupidly) jammed my finger down on the buy it now. 

After purchasing I pulled back and took a look at the other pic.  it's not very clear, but they appear to have the newer pads on them, leading me to believe they are not 80's or 90's vintage.  Maybe they're not original to the box?  Also I've never seen blue foam either.  I have some questions into the seller.

In the meantime can anyone help identify them? 

$(KGrHqYOKiQE1(hTOBvzBNZUGbL7ZQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKiYE1fKJ3kFKBNZUGcc3KQ~~_12.JPG

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 4
The pads deteriorate with time.

Very few people show appropriate appreciation of our cultural history by taking the nominal effort to find appropriate replacements when old parts fail... Get TTVJ Flats. You should do that with every Grado worth owning regardless of when they were made, but particularly these.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Hi.  I just compulsively bought a pair of SR80's on the fleabay.  I saw the box and it was the older vintage model.  It was a buy now and I just lost a pair of vintage SR125's the other day that was a buy now because I was researching them to long.  So I eagerly (also perhaps stupidly) jammed my finger down on the buy it now. 

After purchasing I pulled back and took a look at the other pic.  it's not very clear, but they appear to have the newer pads on them, leading me to believe they are not 80's or 90's vintage.  Maybe they're not original to the box?  Also I've never seen blue foam either.  I have some questions into the seller.

In the meantime can anyone help identify them? 

$(KGrHqYOKiQE1(hTOBvzBNZUGbL7ZQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKiYE1fKJ3kFKBNZUGcc3KQ~~_12.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back