CALLING ALL CUSTOM IEM'S
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #196 of 559
Very nice! Out of interest, living in Europe, how much did you fork out for these? Did you order with Variphone?

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #197 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! Out of interest, living in Europe, how much did you fork out for these? Did you order with Variphone?

Sent ear impressions straight from Spain to Westone (USA), paid $850 + $35 for spare cable -- since shipping was by USPS Express Mail (1 week), I'll very likely have to pay Import Duty (+ VAT) within the next few weeks/ months.

I still thought that with all added charges it'd be cheaper than ordering from Variphone -- Back in December I called them for a quote on the UM56 custom tips for my Westone 3 and thought their prices were ridiculously high, so didn't even bother this time asking about the ES3X.

FYI, after Westone got my ear impressions turnaround was 2 weeks - not bad considering I'm in Europe. Excellent CS, BTW.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #198 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sent ear impressions straight from Spain to Westone (USA), paid $850 + $35 for spare cable -- since shipping was by USPS Express Mail (1 week), I'll very likely have to pay Import Duty (+ VAT) within the next few weeks/ months.

I still thought that with all added charges it'd be cheaper than ordering from Variphone -- Back in December I called them for a quote on the UM56 custom tips for my Westone 3 and thought their prices were ridiculously high, so didn't even bother this time asking about the ES3X.

FYI, after Westone got my ear impressions turnaround was 2 weeks - not bad considering I'm in Europe. Excellent CS, BTW.

Thanks for the informative response (I probably should of PM'd you but I didn't think on)!

Variphone definately mark-up Westone products pretty steeply over their mrp in the U.S. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you can't deal direct with Westone in the U.K. and have to, therefore, go with Variphone. Variphone havn't released their fnalised price for the ES3X yet but, going by one Head-fier's dealing with them (they are already accepting and manufacturing ES3X for customers, despite not formally having a price for them released), it's not gona be pretty! He said he paid just over 1000 Euros for his set with Variphone, albeit that was an all-inclusive fee (ie. his fee for impressions, p&p, custom art, perhaps making up that figure), but, even so, one would have to invisage Variphone are doing a number on their price for the ES3X, comparatively to the U.S. pricing. I could probably just about afford them at the U.S. asking price (638.71 Euro), if I sold some stuff etc, but at anything above an acceptable inflation of say, 700 Euros, I'm gona struggle to financially support such a purchase. Still, that's my concern
wink.gif
. Enjoy your very nice looking ES3X!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #199 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the informative response (I probably should of PM'd you but I didn't think on)!

Variphone definately mark-up Westone products pretty steeply over their mrp in the U.S. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you can't deal direct with Westone in the U.K. and have to, therefore, go with Variphone. Variphone havn't released their fnalised price for the ES3X yet but, going by one Head-fier's dealing with them (they are already accepting and manufacturing ES3X for customers, despite not formally having a price for them released), it's not gona be pretty! He said he paid just over 1000 Euros for his set with Variphone, albeit that was an all-inclusive fee (ie. his fee for impressions, p&p, custom art, perhaps making up that figure), but, even so, one would have to invisage Variphone are doing a number on their price for the ES3X, comparatively to the U.S. pricing. I could probably just about afford them at the U.S. asking price (638.71 Euro), if I sold some stuff etc, but at anything above an acceptable inflation of say, 700 Euros, I'm gona struggle to financially support such a purchase. Still, that's my concern
wink.gif
. Enjoy your very nice looking ES3X!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks - hope you eventually get yours at a decent price as they're truly fantastic!

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #201 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks - hope you eventually get yours at a decent price as they're truly fantastic!

Glad they are impressing you! Seems they are doing nothing short of that to pretty much every owner
tongue.gif
. That's a very nice set you've got there aswell Ricey20
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #202 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are my new ES3Xs as well. Candy blue for right, emerald green for left. Lightning wasn't the best
tongue.gif

Very nice! I really like them..let us know your impressions. I may end up getting them after all. I don't think I can handle to resit temptation anymore...

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #203 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! I really like them..let us know your impressions. I may end up getting them after all. I don't think I can handle to resit temptation anymore...

The ES3X or the Baby Penguins?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back