Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Nov 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #136 of 225
I honestly see K/D as a way to better yourself, and a such, shouldn't be viewed by others. This would make it better for EVERYONE. Only YOU could see your stats. That's what it should be like.

I know some people in the first BLOPS didn't have viewable stats. I wish that was an option.

Other stats would be fine, like what guns others use most, etc.

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #137 of 225
Quote:
I honestly see K/D as a way to better yourself, and a such, shouldn't be viewed by others. This would make it better for EVERYONE. Only YOU could see your stats. That's what it should be like.
I know some people in the first BLOPS didn't have viewable stats. I wish that was an option.
Other stats would be fine, like what guns others use most, etc.

to be real,i think the only way cod can redeem itself without alienating the millions of people who basically live for kd now is to just release a mode alongside their other modes like classic and pure that doesnt keep track of your stats or doesnt affect your main stats

that way people who camp for stats would have no reason to come in and ruin the fun for everyone else

also the option, maybe a vote prematch to allow or not allow sniper rifles for the match to stop quickscopers, and maybe stopping killstreaks altogether or just limiting them to 3 5 7 again so it  remains a game more about skill instead of killstreak instakills, just pure gun on gun

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #138 of 225
I believe BLOPS had a classic mode where only 3-5-7 killstreaks, but no gun attachments.

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #140 of 225
Yeah. I rely on Sleight Of Hand and Ninja/Dead Silence. I just don't feel right without those anything past CoD4. In CoD4 I could deal without having SoH for the most part, but still needed Dead Silence.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #141 of 225
Quote:

most balanced gameplay, snipers actually sniped back then, no 1 gun was really overpowered

I don't mean to be a ******, but there is something I wanted to point out.

If you're talking about quickscoping, there's plenty of that in CoD4, and there was big gun inbalance, the M16 is by far the best gun in the game. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #142 of 225
there is now, but there was no such thing as quickscoping at the height of its popularity, i dont know when it became an epidemic, i always thought 2 but it was definitely not that prevalent in cod4 as later iterations

i dont remember the m16 being overpowered, i found most people just used watever guns they liked, only things i thought were abused in cod4 was martyrdom and juggernaut

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #143 of 225
The quickscoping in CoD4 was basically with an ACOG. It was no MW2 or MW3, that's for sure.

And yes, the M16 was pretty much the king weapon, but not overly powerful. It was an anti-sniper, sure, but in close range, the burst fire made it very incompetent vs all full auto weapons.

The best/cheapest weapon in the game was the P90, IMHO. It was bordering on unfair in both close to medium range. Didn't even need to aim it.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #144 of 225
There should be a mode without killstreaks. Having lightning strikes and hunter killers raining down on you constantly in a game where you're already getting stomped just to rub it in your face is stupid.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #148 of 225
Oh, you're right. I tried it out in a private match just now, sorry, nevermind. I do think that protection against Bouncing Betties is pretty nice though.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #149 of 225
well flack jacket works sometimes against hunter killer drones i gather.  every now and then i'll launch one and get a hit marker with the 'flack jacket' icon next to it (indicating the guy resisted with the perk) and no kill. i think it works against indirect hits.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #150 of 225
Black Ops 2 was the worst COD I've ever played. There was no creativity and the new class setup system was boring. The maps all seemed like they were industrial. Guns were not fun and it seemed like you got killed much quicker. Sold the game on Craigslist a few days later. I'm just going to go back to old CODs and Halos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back