Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Nov 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #151 of 225
Quote:
cod4>all other cods that have came out since

most balanced gameplay, snipers actually sniped back then, no 1 gun was really overpowered

no killstreaks raining out of the sky every 12 seconds like mw2 or people abusing one man army to nade spam you into oblivion

What are you on man? I don't disagree that cod4 was really good, but come on, most balanced gameplay? snipers sniped back then? Cod4 and mw2 had the most campers of all the cod's, especially with the textures in cod4 so similar to the ghillie suits sniper's had, it was sometimes almost impossible to distinguish between a tree and a player, map's like Creek was the worst.

Not 1 gun was really overpowered? AK-47, 74u? Or the MP5 with the silencer attachments? Worse than the overkill usage of UMP45's in MW2.

No Killstreaks raining out of the sky every 12 seconds like MW2 or nade spamming? You can't even spam airstrikes or helicopters (excluding chopper gunner or AC130) in MW2 like you can in cod4, you forgetting how badly balanced Wet Work's was with the obsessive use of frag x 3 and the onslaught of airstrikes and helicopter's in the map with nowhere to hide besides inside containers or the top part's of the ship. Or the incredibly crazy amount of frag x3 thrown from one side of the map in Killhouse to the other side which gave you 80% chance of nading the whole other team's spawn point.

I don't know where your basing your statistics from, but you need to get some of your fact's straight.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #153 of 225
What are you on man? I don't disagree that cod4 was really good, but come on, most balanced gameplay? snipers sniped back then? Cod4 and mw2 had the most campers of all the cod's, especially with the textures in cod4 so similar to the ghillie suits sniper's had, it was sometimes almost impossible to distinguish between a tree and a player, map's like Creek was the worst.

Not 1 gun was really overpowered? AK-47, 74u? Or the MP5 with the silencer attachments? Worse than the overkill usage of UMP45's in MW2.

No Killstreaks raining out of the sky every 12 seconds like MW2 or nade spamming? You can't even spam airstrikes or helicopters (excluding chopper gunner or AC130) in MW2 like you can in cod4, you forgetting how badly balanced Wet Work's was with the obsessive use of frag x 3 and the onslaught of airstrikes and helicopter's in the map with nowhere to hide besides inside containers or the top part's of the ship. Or the incredibly crazy amount of frag x3 thrown from one side of the map in Killhouse to the other side which gave you 80% chance of nading the whole other team's spawn point.

I don't know where your basing your statistics from, but you need to get some of your fact's straight.

No, he got it right. CoD4 > all other CoDs.

It wasn't perfect, but it was infinitely better than the others by a mile. The issues were miniscule compared to MW2: Killstreak Warfare, MW3: crappy rehash warfare, and BLOPSII: ugly map labyrinth warfare. Black Ops was the only CoD that seemed as half as good as CoD4.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #154 of 225
Quote:
No, he got it right. CoD4 > all other CoDs.
It wasn't perfect, but it was infinitely better than the others by a mile. The issues were miniscule compared to MW2: Killstreak Warfare, MW3: crappy rehash warfare, and BLOPSII: ugly map labyrinth warfare. Blackl Ops was the only CoD that seemed as half as good as CoD4.

I don't doubt cod4 own other cods (actually Cod2 > all other cods), but the post he made seemed like cod4 was all that, which it wasn't. I also like to correct people on thing's that are not right. The original Blops was 'yawn', aside from cod4 and cod2, WaW was pretty fun as well, the last cod to have proper dedicated server's similar to cod4's. MW3 is full of hacking scumbags, can't believe I actually wasted $40 on that crap compared to Blops 2 which I got for free but was bought for $35 from CJS Cd key's.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #155 of 225
CoD4 WAS all that. It redefined what FPS games are today. That's just baseless hating.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #158 of 225
COD2 > COD4 > MW2 (!) > BLOPS1 > BLOPS2 > the rest

take it to the bank fellas
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #163 of 225
Quote:

explain to me how it WASN'T the most balanced of all the modern cod's? i never said it was perfect but infinitely more fair and skill based when compared to all the other cods that came after (not counting waw, never played that, never cared to)

all the guns you mentioned weren't overpowered, they were just used alot because people liked them, those werent one shot kill weapons, they didnt have insane rates of fire that other guns couldnt compete with, people just used them because they liked them

you only pointed out 2 maps, where it was possible to rack up kills with killstreaks if things just happened to go your way that match, but it wasnt a every game type of deal and by and large the rest of the maps more than made up for them, also i dont know what you mean as far as spamming air strikes, i dont see how its possible since your kills stack and if you failed to use your prior killstreaks from 5 and got to 7 you lost your airstrike and went straight to chopper

i mean if honestly you dont think cod4 was the most balanced and had the best maps as a whole, then i would really like to hear which cod you think was the pinnacle of the series and your reasons for them

also i dont pretend to be some massive cod elitist or expert, im a battlefield player if anything, but i also enjoy cod and fps games period

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #164 of 225
Quote:
There's so many thing's wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin....ignorance is bliss I don't want this thread to turn into a flaming, heated argument but let's keep on discussing about blops 2.

also mad lust envy is right, like it or not, cod4 did more to influence the fps landscape and define what a fps game is than any other fps in recent history

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #165 of 225
I'd like to know how he could dismiss the impact CoD4 had on the FPS gaming industry. Love it or hate it, you'd be blind not to see just how influential that game was on almost every FOS game made today. Even Halo 4 has taken a lot of what first appeared in CoD4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back