Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Jan 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #196 of 225
Quote:
I might have to install BO2 again to see if I can play it. I generally just want to goof around in games as trying reallly really hard to win can be pretty stupid. Might be alright if a game doesnt have broken netcode lol.

New mouse came in today. Steelseries sensei. I like the flexible cord and light click weight, but it has ambidextrous thumb buttons which are annoying as they click accidentally. I think I need a new mousepad too.

idk how it is on the PC ( I can't imagine it being much better), but I hate the living hell out of Black Ops 2.  Treyarch managed to make a game that was worse than Modern Warfare 3.......how in the hell did they do it?  How?  I thought it was literally impossible to make something worse than a monkey constantly throwing its feces at a keyboard could do....and yet they did it.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #197 of 225
Hrm I did play mw3 for an hour or something before I went back to bf3. I think I figured e problem with bf3 is the sniper damage, chestshot kill needs <2m distance or 6 feet on PC and headshot is a big ask when the enemy is rubber banding across the screen with lightweight kit. I have seen players much better than myself try to snipe, works ok but they change kit once the long sightlines are gone. Aggressive recon is just not tenable in PC bf3. Fast movement, crap damage profile and lag and hitbox issues and broken sound mixer just kills sniping. No wonder people still play bc2.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #198 of 225
Quote:
Hrm I did play mw3 for an hour or something before I went back to bf3. I think I figured e problem with bf3 is the sniper damage, chestshot kill needs <2m distance or 6 feet on PC and headshot is a big ask when the enemy is rubber banding across the screen with lightweight kit. I have seen players much better than myself try to snipe, works ok but they change kit once the long sightlines are gone. Aggressive recon is just not tenable in PC bf3. Fast movement, crap damage profile and lag and hitbox issues and broken sound mixer just kills sniping. No wonder people still play bc2.

They must not like using the semi-auto snipers.  Either that or PC BF3 is even more different than console BF3......personally I would love to ditch console BF3 altogether because flying a jet is horrid compared to what you can do with it on the PC.  We can't even dump our speeds as quickly as the PC players can.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #199 of 225
They must not like using the semi-auto snipers.  Either that or PC BF3 is even more different than console BF3......personally I would love to ditch console BF3 altogether because flying a jet is horrid compared to what you can do with it on the PC.  We can't even dump our speeds as quickly as the PC players can.

What is a semi auto sniper oO. I joke, i just really don't like semi auto snipers, its a jersey thing. Wouldn't catch me dead using one lol.

Jet learning curve is too steep and at this point there are too many ace pilots with like 300 jet hours for me to bother. By the time I get to that level bf4 will be here.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #200 of 225
Quote:
What is a semi auto sniper oO. I joke, i just really don't like semi auto snipers, its a jersey thing. Wouldn't catch me dead using one lol.

Jet learning curve is too steep and at this point there are too many ace pilots with like 300 jet hours for me to bother. By the time I get to that level bf4 will be here.

You'd be surprised how many noobs try to fly a jet these days lol.  Out of ten enemy jets I'll face, only two of them will know how to fly, one being a better pilot than me.  SOOOOOO many people just fly towards you with their heat seekers trying to kill you, then they fly in circles and when you outmanuver them they get scared, fly straight, and either eject once you start shooting, eject when they're disabled, kill themselves, or just flat-out die.  It maybe different on the PC, but it can't be THAT much worse.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #201 of 225
You'd be surprised how many noobs try to fly a jet these days lol.  Out of ten enemy jets I'll face, only two of them will know how to fly, one being a better pilot than me.  SOOOOOO many people just fly towards you with their heat seekers trying to kill you, then they fly in circles and when you outmanuver them they get scared, fly straight, and either eject once you start shooting, eject when they're disabled, kill themselves, or just flat-out die.  It maybe different on the PC, but it can't be THAT much worse.

That's the thing its such a steep learning curve, find I forget how to manage speed in turns if I don't play for a couple of weeks. I don't mind so much if people eject, you still have a chance to roadkill or gun them down. Jet is pretty much a completely different game within a game, I like flying jet but it is the top of the food chain and has a steep learning curve. It balances out on larger servers though where stingers and AA can effectively defend areas of the map. On smaller maps though it can be like stomping ants...

I have one particular server called "noob freindly server" 16 payers which apparently is an invitation for jet aces with 300 flight hours to stack the winning team and base rape. I usually use the server to goof around and get eod kills etc. but unfortunately undesirable characters frequent the server also.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #202 of 225
Quote:
That's the thing its such a steep learning curve, find I forget how to manage speed in turns if I don't play for a couple of weeks. I don't mind so much if people eject, you still have a chance to roadkill or gun them down. Jet is pretty much a completely different game within a game, I like flying jet but it is the top of the food chain and has a steep learning curve. It balances out on larger servers though where stingers and AA can effectively defend areas of the map. On smaller maps though it can be like stomping ants...

I have one particular server called "noob freindly server" 16 payers which apparently is an invitation for jet aces with 300 flight hours to stack the winning team and base rape. I usually use the server to goof around and get eod kills etc. but unfortunately undesirable characters frequent the server also.

You can always go to empty servers and practice flying in jets.  That's how I learned some new maneuvers that I use on the battlefield.  The hardest part about flying a jet I think is learning how to kill people before they can eject, which now I'm up to doing that in about 3/4 of the dogfights I get into with pilots that don't **** their pants as soon as someone's on their six.  What's actually a lot easier than most think is countering an attacker, because a lot of people only expect you to fly in some boring pattern instead of going up, turning, flying straight down, turning again, going back up, turning AGAIN......I've done that so many times even average pilots that can hold their own mess up and in about a minute I'm behind them shooting them out of the sky.

ANYWAY!  Black Ops 2 is pure horse ****

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #203 of 225
Quote:

idk how it is on the PC ( I can't imagine it being much better), but I hate the living hell out of Black Ops 2.  Treyarch managed to make a game that was worse than Modern Warfare 3.......how in the hell did they do it?  How?  I thought it was literally impossible to make something worse than a monkey constantly throwing its feces at a keyboard could do....and yet they did it.

If you don't take the game too seriously it can be fun; I think this is the most polished COD that we've had in a while. Zombies and Campaign still suck though.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #204 of 225
Yeah I really like MW2 campaign, was like a really good cheesy action movie, which is what I like. BC2 campaign was disjointed.

Just got banned from biggest australian bf3 server "take your scripts elsewhere"??? Right anyway, just when I got my setup dialled in enough to snipe, at least when rubber banding isn't so bad. I think killing mmcss helped a bit but you need mmcss for audio, and there is still lag and jitter.

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #205 of 225
Quote:
Yeah I really like MW2 campaign, was like a really good cheesy action movie, which is what I like. BC2 campaign was disjointed.

Just got banned from biggest australian bf3 server "take your scripts elsewhere"??? Right anyway, just when I got my setup dialled in enough to snipe, at least when rubber banding isn't so bad. I think killing mmcss helped a bit but you need mmcss for audio, and there is still lag and jitter.

I hated MW2's campaign.  Well since you said you like cheesy action movies of course you liked it, but I don't like those movies....therefore I flat-out hated it lol.  I can't remember Battlefield ever having a campaign that wasn't just training grounds for online.

Quote:
If you don't take the game too seriously it can be fun; I think this is the most polished COD that we've had in a while. Zombies and Campaign still suck though.

The recent patch actually made the game much much more playable.  Or, in other words, instead of shots only landing half the time, they land about 80% of the time.

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #206 of 225
DX" I meant to type "BO2 campaign was disjointed"

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #208 of 225
I finally found a forum (i use) that has an active CoD thread and its all hate from BF players.  LOL

Surprised someone said people still play BC2, no one I know (even on the pure PC enthusiast forums) say they still play it.  When I go on BF3 many of the servers look abandoned which is good for learning how to fly I guess.  That is something EA DICE should have included in their game... a way to learn how to fly without learning by killing your teammates or going to a vacant server (can console players even do this???) which is lame.  Removing core features that BF2 had was also very lame ...especially since the game touts itself as a teamplay game.  Not that it matters since no one but friends and clans actually employ teamplay but only on their own personal teamspeak/ventrilo servers, I'm always at the objective trying to take it by myself.  Even CoD players employ teamplay more than I ever saw in BC2 and BF3.  Now BF2 was different - that had teamplay.

Not sure why the hate on MW3 or even BO2 for that matter ...at least on the multiplayer side, I don't play the single player campaign.  Still think IW makes the best maps - loved MW2's maps.  Hated the first Black OPS for many reasons.  MW3 still has that same great smooth, fast paced gameplay and decent enough maps.  Black OPS II improved over BO1 greatly but still behind the curve on map design.  Though they still need to fix 1-shot kills with the knife ...especially when you are shooting the person.  Gotta respect BF3 in that regard.  They also need to not let people swing an LMG as if it was a pistol.  Black OPS II is actually a pretty decent MP game despite its glaring faults.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #209 of 225
BF players even hate BF so we are a miaerable bunch XD. Too much sprinting and jumping in BF3. You are right about teamplay as well, I think the maps are to blame also. BC2 maps were pretty decent IMO as they kind of funelled the action. COD has the advantage that the game modes are more conventional.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #210 of 225
Quote:
BF players even hate BF so we are a miserable bunch XD.

No, we just hate what the BF franchise has become in recent years, really.

We want that old-school BF1942 and BF2 experience back more than anything, back when it wasn't all about being the first to unlock the game-breaking M60 + Magnum Ammo or whatever combination, instead of the series taking its current route of "EA's Call of Duty".

And as for CoD itself, I can see why people like it, but frankly, the series just isn't my cup of tea, especially after the way it's shaped the modern FPS industry as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back