Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Nov 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #106 of 225
Exactly. Call of Duty has always been EASY to play, hard to master. That's what makes it so popular. It's not hard to get into, but if you truly want to be good, you better learn the ins and outs of the game.

Battlefield has always been harder to get into, and more team focused, sure, but I find it rather boring in comparison.

And for those saying that CoD is the same every year... what is Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 then? They are the same crap too. Both series improve on past iterations, but they are pretty much the same as before.

I love that "CoD is the same every game" nonsense. Look at your fave shooters and tell me it's not same-y as well. Halo, Battlefield, Gears, etc. Same games with improvements on the previous ones.

But of course, CoD is the most popular, and as I mentioned before, people LOVE to bash on whatever is most popular. It's the cool thing to do on the internet, meanwhile, most of the haters STILL buy CoD. Lol.

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #108 of 225
Havent started yet. I played a few offline matches with bots to get acquainted with the maps, weapons, etc. Its so different in terms of customization. Not sure I will get used to it. I feel like I probably wont be as good in this game as I was in CoD4, MW2, and Blops. I was always on the 2.3-2.8 k/d range. Just because of how large the maps are, I believe I will be probably in the 1.50 range. That and the soundwhoring here is non-existent. The surround effects are fine, but footsteps are almost inaudible even with dead silence and the awareness perks working together. Instead, you have to rely on weapon fire sounds...

I can see that because of the 10 point system, I wont be using any tactical or killer grenades, etc, in favor of an extra 3rd perk, as well as not using a secondary weapon as I need the points, and because I found secondaries mostly useless when you can pick up someone else's weapon. The only secondary I ever really used was the anti airstreak launchers. I will create a class just for that purpose now.

Most of my weapons will have a force grip, reflex sight, and fast mag. 3 attachments. I favor accuracy and reload speed over anything else.

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #109 of 225
People who complain about hardcore or casual need to start exercising or learn a second language or do something productive. It's a  videogame. It's meant to be fun, and not an existence altering experience.

Anyways, the later Strike Force missions get better. Very interesting story, I must say.

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #110 of 225
Quote:
But of course, CoD is the most popular, and as I mentioned before, people LOVE to bash on whatever is most popular. It's the cool thing to do on the internet, meanwhile, most of the haters STILL buy CoD. Lol.

the 'FPS elitism' out there is absurd.  people somehow feel superior and elevated above the herd because they play BF3 (insert elitist game of choice; ARMA, Planetside2, WarZ etc.).  they need to step back, gain a little perspective and realize we're all just geeking-out and shooting pixels on the screen.  you're not better because your pixels have bitchin' BF3 sunglare and require 'strategic teamwork'; most who claim this end up lone-wolfing it running around shooting SMAW/RPG rounds at infantry. anyway, i find it funny when people get worked up and pompous over video games.

Quote:
And for those saying that CoD is the same every year... what is Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 then? They are the same crap too. Both series improve on past iterations, but they are pretty much the same as before.

DICE and EA have stated they're pursuing the COD/Activision model of annual releases.  it makes sense from a business-strategy point of view to have two developers working on a tick-tock cycle (clearly, as shown by COD's financial success).  i enjoy having something 'new' each year but it can lead to duds like MOHW and MW3.

Quote:
I can see that because of the 10 point system, I wont be using any tactical or killer grenades, etc, in favor of an extra 3rd perk, as well as not using a secondary weapon as I need the points, and because I found secondaries mostly useless when you can pick up someone else's weapon.

i really like the pick-10 system.  you find yourself having to weigh the value of grenades etc. against perks and attachments. it adds a mini layer of strategy to your gameplay. you *hope* you've settled on a better loadout compared to the guy lobbing grenades everywhere.  and just as you're feeling confident he kills you twice in a row....with grenades
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #111 of 225
Those damn 'nades. :angry_face:

Actually, my kryptonite... CLAYMORES. Oh dear god, how I loathe those things!

Here's an image that sums up all the haters...

I enjoy FPS games in general. I'm not much of an online gamer aside from CoD because I like it's quick pace, and paintball style matches. It's quick fun.

I enjoy Battlefield, Gears, etc, but mostly for their campaigns. I find the multiplayers too slow for me.

I am completely guilty of being a lone wolf. I play Mercenary TDM on CoD because I don't like getting paired up with randoms vs a full team, so I prefer playing teams that are always random. :D

I'm mostly an FFA guy (at least on CoD4 and MW2), but I learned to be more of a team player in BLOPS. I gave up on MW3 early. Hated it with a passion.

As for all the CoD hate... it really is just that, hating what's popular. CoD might come out every year, but one thing that it is consistently, is FUN. The controls are the tightest of any FPS I've ever played, the framerate is nearly always 60fps (which is a huge plus over the others), and it's easy to pick up.

I fail to see why people feel the need to hate on it like it's their favorite pastime. You don't like what CoD is, just ignore it. You don't see CoD fans go to every other FPS game's forums/reviews and bash them needlessly. CoD is so popular for a reason. Most of all, is the fun factor.

People bitch at the many teens cursing and whatnot? You can mute them. It's literally like a few button presses. You're the idiot for listening to them longer than a few seconds. With things that are widely popular, unsavory gamers will be attracted. You don't have to whine about it as if it's the game's problem. Blame people.

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #112 of 225
Quote:
Havent started yet. I played a few offline matches with bots to get acquainted with the maps, weapons, etc. Its so different in terms of customization. Not sure I will get used to it. I feel like I probably wont be as good in this game as I was in CoD4, MW2, and Blops. I was always on the 2.3-2.8 k/d range. Just because of how large the maps are, I believe I will be probably in the 1.50 range. That and the soundwhoring here is non-existent. The surround effects are fine, but footsteps are almost inaudible even with dead silence and the awareness perks working together. Instead, you have to rely on weapon fire sounds...

I wanted to hear that 
biggrin.gif

I've really been struggling because of what they did with footsteps, I'm not seeing a huge improvement with Awareness either. I blame it on YouTube commentators constantly complaining about Sitrep Pro in MW3, when in MW2 Sitrep pro would drown out everything with footsteps.
I have an urge to party with you, are you interested? SoulXIV is my PSN on PS3. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #113 of 225
Yo,

I might be bashing COD but it's for a good reason. The games are terrible, hell I still play MW2 and the first BLOPS, but I think they need to evolve somewhat. I think slowing the pace down a tiny bit and giving bigger maps is the next route to go. I felt MW3 had small maps and BLOPS2 maps a a bit bigger. MW2 had some nice size maps, not large nor small, but just right.

Anyways I've been getting into BLOPS2 more but I don't know. I get annoyed easily on this game. But when I have a good game I get pumped. I had a game yesterday where I went 33-4, the next match I went 5-15 (campers and nade spammers!!!)

If anyone wants to play with me, my PSN is SaiyanElite87..

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #114 of 225
The games are terrible but you still play them. Logic... out the window.

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #115 of 225
Quote:
Yo,

I might be bashing COD but it's for a good reason. The games are terrible, hell I still play MW2 and the first BLOPS, but I think they need to evolve somewhat. I think slowing the pace down a tiny bit and giving bigger maps is the next route to go. I felt MW3 had small maps and BLOPS2 maps a a bit bigger. MW2 had some nice size maps, not large nor small, but just right.

Anyways I've been getting into BLOPS2 more but I don't know. I get annoyed easily on this game. But when I have a good game I get pumped. I had a game yesterday where I went 33-4, the next match I went 5-15 (campers and nade spammers!!!)

If anyone wants to play with me, my PSN is SaiyanElite87..

You have to put more time into the game. I checked your records just now, and it looks like you don't play CoD that much. If you learn the maps, and learn the spawns, you'll be having a blast, and you don't have to have super good aim either. I feel like the reason why you don't like CoD that much is because you haven't found a CoD where you can consistently own. You should play Free For All, it's a great way to learn the spawns in BO2.

I'm really uncomfortable with the spawns, they kept the revenge spawns, but I haven't figured out how to use it to my advantage yet. I liked the MW3 spawns, they were too predictable.

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #116 of 225
Hi,

As stated before, I buy and play them because friends and co-workers do. They don't play Battlefield 3 at all, so I gotta COD it up with them.

Sniping, I played a crap ton of the first BLOPS. I loved it! I also played MW2 a lot, it's still one of my faves. The first MW game was my absolute fave. I used to team up with 4 others and dominate. We'd travel in two man groups and own the opposing team. Good times..

Anyways I'd like to play with you if you're up for it, same to you MLE. I'm still getting the hang of BLOPS2 but I am loving so far. I just get annoyed and rage quit..

Quote:
The games are terrible but you still play them. Logic... out the window.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #118 of 225
Its better. I still hate the large maps though. They are freaking huge. Leave that ish to Battlefield, not CoD. I like that cruise ship level though. Reminds me of Wetworks, only prettier.

So glad Nuketown is in.

But sadly, im really hating these stupid, cluttered, large maps. Its enough to make me not play thee game. Too many hiding spots, too many obstacles. Its why I hated MW3 more than anything. BLOLS2 is far superior everywhere else, but the maps are not an improvement. At least BLOPs didnt have 8 million hiding places and obstacles like this.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #119 of 225
thats pretty much my main compaint of the mp, some of these maps are way too ******* big for this game, turbine is a good example, sometimes i literally run around for like 3 or 4 minutes without coming across anyone, this is ok in battlefield as those matches tend to run longer, and you have vehicles and spawning on squad members, but in a game like this its just ******* annoying, that flight carrier map is probably the worst map in the entire series, for one its mammoth and 2, its a campers paradise, if you dont move, you basically blend in perfectly with your surroundings, i hate this map the most

overall i like black ops 2, but im also glad i just rented this, probably return it tommorow, and just wait til the new bf3 maps drop next month

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #120 of 225
I hate that freaking Carrier map. Try playing Gun Game on it. Its a pain.

In other news, DSR 50 with Acog, all day err day. Reminds me of the M40 with Acog run n sniping in CoD4. I almost never snipe, unless I get a setup like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back