Call of Duty 4 Discussions
Feb 21, 2008 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
Here I would like to compile a list of Xbox Live Gamer tags, so when you play COD4 you do not have to play with complete idiots!!

Mine is Terance Pickles

I would also like inputs on what kits you guys use, and your strategies for every map! Speak up COD4 players.
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 19
...and I thought the Headphone Forum was full of undecipherable gibberish.

Laz

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 19
Here's my kit. In any assault map:

M4A1 Carbine + ACOG
Gold Deagle
- RPG x2
- Stopping Power
- Martyrdom

or

M21
Gold Deagle
- Bandboiler
- Stopping Power
- Steady Aim

I used to have either R700 or the Barrister 0.5. I found that the lower-end M21 was much easier to use, allowing for consecutive kills without huge recoils that blasts off the screen.

Here's my kit for the super-fast/nades everywhere pub maps:

AK-74u + Red Dot
Gold Deagle
- Bandboiler
- Double Tap
- Martyrdom

I just can't remember map names. I usually eat/go to the WC when the loading screen comes up, so I never get to see and remember the map names. My strategy is don't underestimate the RPG. People seldom use it, and it's an awesome way to get 5+ guys in any choke points, or behind cover. And also, moving around with the sniper and getting to front line, is a much more productive method than to camp in the shadows to wait for somebody.

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 19
Haven't played in quite awhile.

I think my rank was Colonel when I last played.

My favorite kit is run and gun variety. Overkill with Full Auto Shotgun + MP5.

My favorite tactic is room clearing, hunting down camping lamers. If anyone here likes to lie down and wait for others, I'm not playing.

-Ed

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 19
Not sure if this was only for XBox players or maybe this thread can innclude some of us PS3 users,

choochooman, either m16 or M4 with red dot, claymore happy and frag happy,

Third Prestige on level 42,
But my best accomplishment so far was that I finished the single player mode on veteran.
cool.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 19
do you guys have gamertags?

list em!

ps3 people are welcome, hopefully there are enough of you to get some games going.

my current favorite kit is (i capped at 55 a few months ago, no prestige for me)

M16 Silenced
M9 Silenced
Bandoleer
UAV Jammer
Dead Silent

must be pretty frustrating for the people playing against me
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 19
I sold my 360 because it was too distracting....probably wouldn't have graduated. CoD4 is that damn good. It is one of the best tactical shooters out there. I'm going to build a pc after graduation...until them I envy you all. lol

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 19
Been playing quite a bit of CoD4 on the PC, except after reinstalling Vista, PunkBuster refuses to work. Favourite kit though was:
M16 + ACOG
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Deep Impact
Desert Eagle
Pretty much a deadly mid-to-long range stopper. Usually takes 1-2 shots to finish off someone. I like using this kit better than a pure sniper rifle, as you don't have to camp as much as a regular sniper.

Feb 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #13 of 19
I prefer using the ACOG with an assault rifle, than using any sniper rifle. And I play mostly Search and Destroy which explains why I use UAV Jammer in these 2 kits. I have another kit just like the first except I switched out claymores for frag x3.

My favorite kits:

M4 Carbine w/ red dot sight
Desert Eagle
Claymore
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact

G36C
Desert Eagle
Grenade Launcher Attachment
UAV Jammer
Extreme Conditioning

Camping is lame. And so is getting killed by randomly thrown grenades. Also playing as the one faction who wear the cloth red caps and black helmets - makes me feel automatically handicapped since they have no good camouflage.

Gamertag: Darcphil (also play forza2 on live)

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #14 of 19
Gamertag: Vairul

I'm still in the process of gaining rank (right now 32), so right now I'm playing with some pretty varied equipment so I can finish challenges and make rank faster. Usually, though, I play with an M4A1 w/ ACOG, silenced USP, stopping power, flash grenades, and something else I can't think of...
rolleyes.gif

Lately my friends have been in my room constantly, playing split screen. I need to get back on LIVE tomorrow (I mean today)...

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #15 of 19
I'm on PC. Tag Havok. I mostly run and gun, never been much of a sniper.

Close and fast:
P90 w/red dot
Desert Eagle
Double Tap
Steady Aim
Frag x3

All Other:
M4 w/red dot
Desert Eagle
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Frag x3