California Headphones Silverado impressions
Dec 8, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #46 of 158

And had you clicked the link I posted in the msg before yours, you could have gotten it for $29 delivered. 
confused.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=california%20headphones&N=-1&isNodeId=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6146845&SID=m20bntyn1u52

Actually stumbled across them on Ebay - did a quick search - then purchased on impulse (like so much other crap on my desk).  Didn't pull up the NewEgg price or this thread until AFTER purchasing so I missed out.  Thanks anyway 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #47 of 158
I just grabbed a pair of these on Amazon. Says free shipping with prime, "after processing", whatever that means. 

I've been wanting another pair of closed-backs for use at work, but I didn't want to spend a ton of cash. These fit the bill nicely and the general consensus seems to be that they were worth $50, so even better for $33. I'm guessing they should compare favorably with my HA-RX700s. 

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #48 of 158
Gotta thank you guys for the heads up on the Newegg deal, managed to grab these at $29 shipped. It looks like they're running out of stock quickly on amazon (it says there are 17 left in stock at the time of writing) so I guess this was a bottom price sale to move all of their inventory.

Can't wait to try them out.

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #49 of 158
  Gotta thank you guys for the heads up on the Newegg deal, managed to grab these at $29 shipped. It looks like they're running out of stock quickly on amazon (it says there are 17 left in stock at the time of writing) so I guess this was a bottom price sale to move all of their inventory.

Can't wait to try them out.

You WON'T be disappointed...ESPECIALLY for $29 delivered!

I had 600 Egg credits ($6.00) from the purchase of a Yamaha receiver about a month ago, so I ordered a spare for $23
L3000.gif

Cheapest on Amazon now is $33.70.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009F4BV8C/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

And YIKES it is now $33.70 on Newegg!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=california+headphone+company&N=-1&isNodeId=1

You can still pick up the $14.95 Laredo for gifts
happy_face1.gif

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #50 of 158
   It looks like they're running out of stock quickly on amazon (it says there are 17 left in stock at the time of writing) so I guess this was a bottom price sale to move all of their inventory.

It told me there were 7 left, and I ordered before you. I wonder how much of that kind of numbers reporting is to try and make the sale. 

Either way, I just got a tracking number. Should be here on Thursday. Not bad for free shipping. 

Dec 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #51 of 158
Got my laredo today, aggressive and punchy bass. 

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #52 of 158
  Got my laredo today, aggressive and punchy bass. 

I was thinking of getting a pair as they are marked down by a lot now. Can you elaborate more on the sound and say what you like and don't like about it? I am a bit interested.

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #53 of 158
I received my silverados few days ago.

Those are truly nice and seems pretty solid.

The sound, (tested with Creative XFI DAC & Little dot MK2 amp(and also with an android smartphone)) was bright, maybe a little too bright.
The bass is quiet, present but "sneaky".
I like it alot.

About comfort, it is good, but I feel my blood passing through my head after listened to a complete album(~50 minutes), but still pretty good.
No problem using it with glasses.

The double jack work perfectly well(tested with cheap earbuds and AKG Q701/K142HD).

Very happy with it.

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #54 of 158
  I was thinking of getting a pair as they are marked down by a lot now. Can you elaborate more on the sound and say what you like and don't like about it? I am a bit interested.

Many reviews/comments of both models at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=california+headphone+company

Dec 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #55 of 158
  I received my silverados few days ago.

Those are truly nice and seems pretty solid.

The sound, (tested with Creative XFI DAC & Little dot MK2 amp(and also with an android smartphone)) was bright, maybe a little too bright.
The bass is quiet, present but "sneaky".
I like it alot.

About comfort, it is good, but I feel my blood passing through my head after listened to a complete album(~50 minutes), but still pretty good.
No problem using it with glasses.

The double jack work perfectly well(tested with cheap earbuds and AKG Q701/K142HD).

Very happy with it.

Hahaha, "sneaky"?  So it depends on the album to you?

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #56 of 158
My Silverados came today and they're definitely a bargain for $30.  Original asking price was a bit of a stretch but if you can find new HP's of better quality for $30 do please post ASAP 
wink_face.gif

I'm 99% sure their aspiration here was to be "Beats for the Rock crowd".  If you know that you're buying a well constructed "Fashion" headphone you'll be pleased as punch.  If you think you're getting a steal on a $200 HP where you can easily swap out earpads & cables or easily pop open the drivers to tweak - forget it.  These where not designed for that.

The proprietary way they wired the cans is a bit irksome to be sure but again hardly unique and not terribly difficult to overcome. Could easily have been a cost saving measure in production i.e. plugs are painted to match cans and same 3.5 plug used at can and SE terminations = less complexity, inventory etc.

I am a bit baffled by comments on how "Cheap" the cable is.  Aside from the dubious "Duo-Port" it's quite well executed relative to just about anything I've seen stock on HP's below the $200 mark.  The sleeving is non-microphonic, sturdy and reminds me of electric guitar cable sleeving which is probably exactly what they where shooting for.    

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #57 of 158
@Mad Max
Yep, sorry, I does not have a large vocabulary as english is not my native language, but it is the best word I've found to express my feel.

And yeah, dépending on what I'm listening to I can say "those cans are quite goods", or "those cans are awesome".

Depends of the type of music.

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #60 of 158
I just got these in today and I have to say that they don't sound great, it kind of sounds like the music is traveling through a tube or something. Very weird. Gonna have to try @Mad Max's mod and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back