cake wrecks
Dec 17, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can't imagine anyone saying no to a mario brothers cake. or at least not a guy. did you see the nightmare before christmas cake or the batman legoland cake? i can't imagine ever cutting those. which of the two mario cakes are you going to use an inspiration? the one that features mario kart as well or the mushroom one?

The first one, I actually need to email the person running that blog and see if I can track down who made that mario kart cake. I don't care where they are located I want them.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 28
I wonder if they played the Mario Brothers theme in the church
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if they played the Mario Brothers theme in the church
smily_headphones1.gif

that would be funny! I definitely wouldn't go that far but that is a damn nice cake.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #19 of 28
No joke, but I was in a friend's wedding this summer... they returned down the isle at the end of the ceremony to the Zelda theme, very epic-like on the piano.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No joke, but I was in a friend's wedding this summer... they returned down the isle at the end of the ceremony to the Zelda theme, very epic-like on the piano.

hehe that's cool. I don't know what game song we'd pick

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #21 of 28
Good, I found the bakery the only problem is they are in Cali, and my wedding is in at least 3 years. I called them and that Mario cake is about $5,000. We'll figure it out but one way or another I'm getting that cake.

Christopher Garren's Let Them Eat Cake

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #22 of 28
let them eat cake is a great name for a bakery. gotta love semi obscure historical references. a couple of my friends almost walked down the aisle to the star wars imperial theme but changed their minds at the last minute because they were worried it might upset their parents.

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiddishHamburgla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let them eat cake is a great name for a bakery. gotta love semi obscure historical references. a couple of my friends almost walked down the aisle to the star wars imperial theme but changed their minds at the last minute because they were worried it might upset their parents.

haha! his parents would love that, mine would whine.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Charm City Cakes have some interesting ones

Charm City Cakes

oh those guys! they're cool, they have a TV show called ace of cakes

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh those guys! they're cool, they have a TV show called ace of cakes

I saw that show once, which is how I new to look for them. Plus driving by their shop one time.

Dec 18, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would be funny! I definitely wouldn't go that far but that is a damn nice cake.

I would!
biggrin.gif
But I think I would either pick the Mission Impossible, A-team or Magnum theme for my wedding. Right now I like the idea about the Mission Impossible theme and my parents realizing what theme it is the most, but I am not sure if I could stop laughing before the wedding is over
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back