caffeine:
Apr 21, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #31 of 49
for those who crash on coffee: try small amounts of coffee every couple of hours, instead of a huge cup in the morning.

Apr 21, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 49
The Doc says no more coffee. Ok; he says, decaff is OK.

I'm surviving with that Half-caff stuff. It keeps the headaches away in the morning and allows me to drink it right up until bed time.

I started drinking it in about 1949 so it's become a bit of a habit. Not an addiction or anything like that, but I likes me coffee.

Apr 21, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #33 of 49
I get quite cranky unless I have a coffee in the evening. My mouth goes really dry unless I have it too.
I'm planning on giving up coffee soon (might still have some tea). I drink far too much of it.

Apr 21, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #34 of 49
caffeine is like sugar for me - gets me cranky

Apr 22, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #36 of 49
After posting last evening that I do like coffee, I thought I'd do an experiment.

Well since when I take my heart medication I have tinnitus and can't hear my phones well and tend to not take my pills when I plan on any serious listening, I tend to not take them as often as I should.

Yeah...that can be bad.

Anyway; at the same time I began taking these pills I started with that Half-caffeine stuff and could drink it right up to bedtime.

Last night I took my pills, but no coffee after about 6:00 PM.

One test does not a study make. But reduced ringing this morning is encouraging! Thank you; Head-Fi!!

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Error /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I envy people who consume caffeine for energy. It does absolutely nothing for me, which as a college student is unfortunate. I find a cup of tea more relaxing than stimulating to be honest.

X2.. Altho I have tried that 5-hour energy drink. It was pricy, but worked pretty good. And I liked the taste.
blink.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2.. Altho I have tried that 5-hour energy drink. It was pricy, but worked pretty good. And I liked the taste.
blink.gif

You liked the taste!!?!?!?? I would rather chug 20oz's of nyQuil !

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Caffeine doesn't give you energy

It's supposed to be a stimulant.

I take it on a daily basis, almost more than once a day. Exams coming up.

actually caffeine is not strictly a stimulant. it is actually a "competitive inhibitor", where it blocks adenosine from binding with receptors in your brain. this causes a build up of neurotransmitters (dopamine) which gives you that caffiene buzz.

also, if your are taking your caffeine in coffee with lots of sugar, or in soda, you are probably experiencing a "sugar crash" from all the insulin.

Apr 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #40 of 49
Your poll lacks two obvious options:
both (calm and increased energy)
Almost sweet talk

Anyway, I think you can guess what my poll choice would be, and what I thought of when I read the thread title
smily_headphones1.gif

Man, I need to roast some coffee. And blast Angel Dust.

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #42 of 49
I just stopped drinking coffee a few weeks ago, partly to see if it would decrease my mild tinnitus. I used to drink 1 cup of coffee a day... in the morning, followed by many cups of water. However, I still had a headache for a week after quitting. When I had 2 cups of coffee once last week, I felt "normal" again. I probably won't be drinking coffee regularly again; it seems like I was too dependent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back