Caffeine addicts anonymous
Oct 17, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,246 of 3,173

How could I be receiving a replacement headphone from Koss if I had not contacted Koss?
confused_face_2.gif

..... Maybe because they have excellent customer service? 
tongue.gif

Yuck, sounds like you experienced a weird flavoring. What were your expecting?
I've had 6 shots of espresso today, so far.

Well I was expecting more mint and less grass. XD

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,247 of 3,173
  4 cups is a good pace. I tried some lemongrass spearmint tea yesterday, and I cant lie, it tasted like freshly cut grass.

You should give this tea a try, doesn't taste like grass (at least to me) and the price for this tea is pretty good and you can get it at Costco, and it is from Japan. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #1,248 of 3,173
  You should give this tea a try, doesn't taste like grass (at least to me) and the price for this tea is pretty good and you can get it at Costco, and it is from Japan. 

In an anime episode I watched yesterday, a girl scolded a guy for not having any good tea in his house, and recommended...uh, tea stuff I don't remember. Then they went off to fight battles with magical powers, hurray!
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,249 of 3,173

Looks good, but I don't know where I could find it near me. I've had green tea in the past, very relaxing. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #1,250 of 3,173

In an anime episode I watched yesterday, a girl scolded a guy for not having any good tea in his house, and recommended...uh, tea stuff I don't remember. Then they went off to fight battles with magical powers, hurray!
bigsmile_face.gif

Hahahaha, for real tea lovers anything is possible! beware... 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
  Looks good, but I don't know where I could find it near me. I've had green tea in the past, very relaxing. 

Costco's are pretty popular in the USA and Canada, but I am not sure perhaps it would be harder to find in certain states. But amazon.com has it. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Matcha-Blend-Japanese-Tea-100/dp/B000WB1YSE?th=1 not bad price either for 100 tea bags. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,251 of 3,173
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,252 of 3,173
Ah, sweet relief. Having to wait nearly until evening before getting my fix was a tribulation indeed. They left the package on the porch anyway. Here are the results of my labors, since at least two of you have expressed interest in the situation:

Just got the replacement UR55 from Koss and played some test tracks. It seems to be better than the first one, because I can enjoy it with all types of music, unlike before...but the same type of problems are still there. There are weird things going on in the frequency response that make it sound artificial much of the time, especially the treble peaks that hurt my ears. At least this one has better dynamics and stronger bass. But now the tonal balance is too thick down low instead of too thin, and remains nasty up top. I don't understand why the more expensive model would sound worse overall than the three cheaper ones, even though it has superior technical performance in some areas. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it with EQ...

So now, it sounds more like a basshead headphone with some electronic music (which is quite a bit more enjoyable)...is tolerable with pretty much anything...and still sounds awesome with classical and the like.

After playing more music I found that the frequency response is all over the place. Some of the bass frequencies are really strong while others are more accurate or weaker...and same goes for everything else. Would like to see its measurements... There are probably tons of dips and peaks...I can certainly hear them during frequency sweeps.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,258 of 3,173

I miss my two STAX...but don't miss my five Sennheisers.
evil_smiley.gif

(Heck, I like my $15 Koss KTXPRO1 more than the HD 700 and HD 650 even though it's not technically as good.)

Post that statement on an audiophile forum and get roasted like a coffee bean.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,259 of 3,173
I miss my two STAX...but don't miss my five Sennheisers. :evil:

(Heck, I like my $15 Koss KTXPRO1 more than the HD 700 and HD 650 even though it's not technically as good.)

Post that statement on an audiophile forum and get roasted like a coffee bean.

XD
That's pretty great.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #1,260 of 3,173

I miss my two STAX...but don't miss my five Sennheisers.
evil_smiley.gif

If you don't mind me asking, what didn't you like about the HD650's? I know many people don't like the HD700's but I find the 650's to be one of the top headphones for the price/performance value. Oh and not to derail this thread too much, I am on my first cup of coffee! 
biggrin.gif
 Second coming up! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back