Caffeine addicts anonymous
Aug 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #137 of 3,173
Coffee has a big lead at the moment. Please cast your votes to make sure your choice/choices win.

go-vote-coffee.jpg

tumblr_nwaqx22wNU1tk59o1o1_1280.jpg

vote_coffee_2016_square_paper_coaster-r18ad36ee4fc048d5a2ecd090ad19ea96_z6zru_512.jpg

6c32acf5ae53627154f55c6275e629e3.jpg

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #140 of 3,173
Nah, I almost never drink coffee, and you know I rely on soda and energy drinks. I just couldn't find related non-coffee images.

I must quiet this dissent! I am the ruler of this thread, and I say coffee wins! COFFEE WINS!!!!!
Jk. I actually hoped there would be more votes for everything. I voted for both coffee and soda, as I drink both.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #142 of 3,173
S
All that sugar is bad for you.

Says the guy who's blood is practically half caffeine. a vampire would be up all day if he drank your blood. lol. Jk.
But seriously, I feel like all this "bad for you/good for you" stuff is a bit crazy. As long as you don't go overboard with it it won't make a huge difference.
Although some things are just absolutely bad for you in any amount, but sugar isn't one of those things.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #143 of 3,173
S
Says the guy who's blood is practically half caffeine. a vampire would be up all day if he drank your blood. lol. Jk.
But seriously, I feel like all this "bad for you/good for you" stuff is a bit crazy. As long as you don't go overboard with it it won't make a huge difference.
Although some things are just absolutely bad for you in any amount, but sugar isn't one of those things.

If you drink a lot of soda or energy drinks that contain sugar you are risking trouble. May people will end up with Type 2 Diabetes and some won't, it's a roll the genetic dice. The latest BS is that coffee is good for you unless you drink too much, even more than I drink. Speaking of which, it's coffee time.
regular_smile .gif

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #144 of 3,173
If you drink a lot of soda or energy drinks that contain sugar you are risking trouble. May people will end up with Type 2 Diabetes and some won't, it's a roll the genetic dice. The latest BS is that coffee is good for you unless you drink too much, even more than I drink. Speaking of which, it's coffee time.
regular_smile%20.gif

Hey we aren't here to talk about health, we're here to talk about caffeine!

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #145 of 3,173
  All that sugar is bad for you.

But it hertz (see what I did?) so good!

regular_smile%20.gif

Diabetes is on both sides of my family, so that is something that concerns me somewhat. I figure that I should be fine for now, and by the time I'm a lot wealthier I'll be able to have a better lifestyle without the high-risk quick fixes. Will probably hire a nutritionist or something...

The sugar alone isn't nearly as dangerous as some of the ingredients in energy drinks, though.

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #146 of 3,173

But it hertz (see what I did?) so good!

Diabetes is on both sides of my family, so that is something that concerns me somewhat. I figure that I should be fine for now, and by the time I'm a lot wealthier I'll be able to have a better lifestyle without the high-risk quick fixes. Will probably hire a nutritionist or something...

The sugar alone isn't nearly as dangerous as some of the ingredients in energy drinks, though.

Perhaps you should drink Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters. Zaphod Beeblebrox can get you the recipe.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #147 of 3,173
  Perhaps you should drink Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters. Zaphod Beeblebrox can get you the recipe.

Even if that actually existed (lol), I don't like alcohol much and only drink it on rare occasions for the taste and relaxation of relatively weak fruity drinks. I used to drink stronger stuff, but alcohol just makes me sleepy, I'm guessing because I'm small/weak and can't handle it well. Soda and energy drinks are an easy way for me to get high and feel energized without resorting to substances that are more hazardous. (In more ways than one.)

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #148 of 3,173
Even if that actually existed (lol), I don't like alcohol much and only drink it on rare occasions for the taste and relaxation of relatively weak fruity drinks. I used to drink stronger stuff, but alcohol just makes me sleepy, I'm guessing because I'm small/weak and can't handle it well. Soda and energy drinks are an easy way for me to get high and feel energized without resorting to substances that are more hazardous. (In more ways than one.)

That's why I drink coffee. Very good. Soda works too, but I feel like the sugar effects me more than the caffeine. You know, tolerance and all.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #149 of 3,173
That's why I drink coffee. Very good. Soda works too, but I feel like the sugar effects me more than the caffeine. You know, tolerance and all.

Yes, as you mentioned in the past, the good thing about coffee is that you can drink it at pretty much any time and in higher quantities without it messing you up as much. I can drink coffee without food first thing in the morning without it messing me up; the same cannot be said about soda and energy drinks.

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #150 of 3,173
Yes, as you mentioned in the past, the good thing about coffee is that you can drink it at pretty much any time and in higher quantities without it messing you up as much. I can drink coffee without food first thing in the morning without it messing me up; the same cannot be said about soda and energy drinks.

Yeppers. Coffee has caffeine and coffee oil. That's it. Anything that has been tested in coffee oil has had positive effects, mostly. As long as you drink it black it is pretty healthy and like less than 5 calories per cup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back