Cable Upgrade for Sennheiser HD600
Mar 16, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofDoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's alright guys, but thanks for your input. Last night I bought an 8ft custom silver cable from another member ^^

And so the journey begins... let us know if you find the first part of your trip worthwhile.
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And so the journey begins... let us know if you find the first part of your trip worthwhile.
biggrin.gif

Oh I'm sure I will...

the first step was buying the HD600s in the first place
smily_headphones1.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so tempted to get the cardas cable, but im not sure if its worth the money. It a lot for it and i don't want to find my self thinking the cable is much better just because i paid a lot for it. I think the best option so far is the 650 cable.

The Cardas cable was definitely the ticket for me. A match made in heaven for the Senns 600
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so tempted to get the cardas cable, but im not sure if its worth the money. It a lot for it and i don't want to find my self thinking the cable is much better just because i paid a lot for it. I think the best option so far is the 650 cable.

I have the 650 cable here, but either it's not completely broken in or it's just not the sound I expected. Not sure just yet. I can safely say it's not in the same league as the Cardas cable, though. Cost aside, it's just totally different! Lots of people like the 650 cable, and that's cool. It's all about system synergy anyway so if this works for someone I'm actually jealous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cardas cable was definitely the ticket for me. A match made in heaven for the Senns 600
smily_headphones1.gif

X2!!! I've heard a few of the other aftermarket offerings, but the Cardas was a perfect match for me as well. It's amazing.

Mar 16, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #35 of 37
I found the 650 cable a capable substitute while waiting for a better cable to be replaced / fixed / altered, but nothing more. Just better then the stock 600 cable, which I find criminal in it's matching with the HD600 by Senn.

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I have now ordered the cardas cable from partsconnexion, the sennheiser plugs and a cardas jack. Im going to build my own cardas cable for the total of £50.

I did buy the 650 cable too, but i can't really hear much difference if im totally honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back