Cable that brings out the best in the SUPERLUX HD668B budget earphones ?
Jan 17, 2013 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lohb

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone suggest a cable with the small plug that brings out the best in the SUPERLUX HD668B ?
My friend is looking to pair it with JDS Labs altoid box to get a good sound out of it, but I'm sure at that price the existing headphone cable (1m or 3M) will be the weak link.
I know the velour tissue stuffed earpads is a good upgrade also.

Would a cable going into the one-side port be enough or would it have to go all the way to each earphone ?

If you know of a cable, do you have a link to buy it please (ebay or forum etc) ?

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Can anyone suggest a cable with the small plug that brings out the best in the SUPERLUX HD668B ?
My friend is looking to pair it with JDS Labs altoid box to get a good sound out of it, but I'm sure at that price the existing headphone cable (1m or 3M) will be the weak link.
I know the velour tissue stuffed earpads is a good upgrade also.

Would a cable going into the one-side port be enough or would it have to go all the way to each earphone ?

If you know of a cable, do you have a link to buy it please (ebay or forum etc) ?

Doesn't need an amplifier.

Doesn't benefit from a cable.

Does benefit from velour pads.

With your now saved money, buy music instead to actually listen to.

Very best,

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi
I have tried to my 668B
mogami neglex 2534 and i thing is a very good cable

If you already have a very good pair of source/amp then
a cable all the way to each earphone with make a diference !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOGAMI-NEGLEX-2534-QUAD-BALANCED-MICROPHONE-CABLE-BULK-UNTERMINATED-10-BLACK-/130625918709

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 8
the 668/681 uses single sided cable and current to the right cup was conducted by the steel headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back