Cable Length
Nov 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 7
Most portable cables are 1.2m which I find too short, just under 4 ft

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Most manufacturers give our 1.2m...I find AKG tends to be shorter down to around a meter.
It's prob the best estimate to suit all people's heights.

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 7
  Most manufacturers give our 1.2m...I find AKG tends to be shorter down to around a meter.
It's prob the best estimate to suit all people's heights.

i would say the mfg take a average of height then uses ear to pocket measurements for cable length, factor in slack on the average height, and then account for people above average height and come up with the total length of the cable.

i would think ideally they are more than likely using a ear to pant pocket, then factoring in averages...i mean i know not everyone uses a phone or dap in their pocket, but most do.

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 7
1.2m is reasonable but i don't get the high end ones coming with 64inch cables unless this were designed to be worn in parachute pants and for 7ft tall people.
Hmm I think because the high end ones might be used on-stage (especially ciems) for musicians hence they have to be plugged in to the aviom (or anything similar to it). And the aviom can't be too close by because it'll get in the way of the musician while he does his art. So 64-inch is quite reasonable for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back