cable issue with se535
Feb 26, 2011 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

m1c

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Just curious as to whether anyone else has had a similar problem. Here is the story, I will keep it short.

I have had se535 for a couple of months now, after a couple of weeks and very rarely I noticed some distortion. Initially I thought it was my player. 
The distortion slowly became more frequent. I tried a different source and ruled that out. After a bit of cable fiddling I thought the cable was the culprit.
I contacted Shure and they replaced the cable, great, well not quite.
The problem was still there. I contacted Shure again and sent back the drivers, great. I received the new drivers today and the problem is still there. I then started thinking the problem was with my hearing...... but that is fine.
I have since tried the left driver on the right cable and the issue is not with the driver.

What are the chances of receiving a faulty cable?

Mike

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Try cleaning the connectors with contact cleaners.
I have to say that those swinging connectors are fancy but not too good quality.

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 7
I noticed some strange noises/distortion w/my 535s as well that I didn't hear on the same songs w/other IEMs, and also went through a cable replacement (though due to a different issue) and still noticed it. Some of the source material I was listening to wasn't very high bitrate (160-320), and I've read that the Shure's will definitely bring out weaknesses in your underlying material. I didn't notice it on higher bitrate material. I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same, but I wanted to chime in w/my experience.

-- Edit --
The noises I typically heard were like a scratchy sound during random passages in the song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back