Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality.
May 19, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #256 of 302
You could say: “It’s amazing that your hearing seems to defy the laws of physics”!

Of course we don’t need to say that because the important part of your question is “if” and therefore the response is: “Reliably demonstrate you can actually “hear it” or you’re just demonstrating cognitive bias/placebo (and gullibility towards false marketing)!

G

edited.

May 19, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #257 of 302
It might be that this cable is "tuned" because one side gives treble resolution the other one gives soundstage !
Or if it's proven that one side does "sound" different is that there's a shoddy solder joint somewhere. The worst QC I've personally encountered with audio cables is more expensive "boutique audiophile" cables (especially if they have silver).

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #258 of 302
Umm... Loss of materials? I don't know, maybe it could affect probes in some more extreme locations (near the Sun?), though I'm sceptical. Loss of life? I'm pretty sure it had no effect on that:
Could we send a man safely to the Moon in a rocket without knowledge of general relativity?
How did NASA Conclude that the General Theory of Relativity was not Needed for Earth-Moon Flight Path Computation?
Yeah, relatively is more relevant with interstellar travel where time dilation can be very appreciable (IE if you can get closer to the speed of light, as you go farther, all your family and friends will have aged greatly, passed away, and have had other generations). As VNandor points out, it is currently important for GPS, as well as atomic clocks (IE there's even an extremely tiny time differential at sea level vs high elevations or altitudes with airplanes).

Proof of special and general relativity:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele–Keating_experiment

Uses:
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/...y-critical-for-gps-seen-in-distant-stars.html

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #259 of 302
cable burn in... interstellar space travel.

ooooooohhhhhh kaaaayyyy.

May 20, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #260 of 302
cable burn in... interstellar space travel.

ooooooohhhhhh kaaaayyyy.
Hey, the movie Interstellar was pretty good....and isn't discussing things like Cooper being able to interact with his grown daughter through a tesseract more interesting then continuing with audiophile cable burn in loop?

May 20, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #261 of 302
You guys are making me think deep-deep thoughts that I never thought possible in human mankind and beyond!

austin-powers-dr-evil.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #262 of 302
You guys are making me think deep-deep thoughts that I never thought possible in human mankind and beyond!
I'll buy that for 1 million dollars!

May 20, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #263 of 302
Einstein was a snake oil salesman! Light has no speed! I know that because I saw it once wearing sunglasses and looking the other way! Even my wife could tell the difference!

May 20, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #264 of 302
It's obvious that light is something thought up by NASA. What we think of as light is really just an OLED in the sky setup from God. Seriously, have also seen flat Earth conspiracy videos, and they think in this line. Never mind common issues of seasons, eclipses, and angular size of Sun during the day....let's be dumb with science and think the sky is some kind of projection.

May 20, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #265 of 302
It might be that this cable is "tuned" because one side gives treble resolution the other one gives soundstage !
Two large holes in that suggestion:

1. To “tune” a signal, you need an EQ unit/processor (and/or a unit to adjust phase) but of course a cable is essentially just a simple piece of metal (wire), with no processing ability.

2. If a cable did actually achieve what you would suggest then it would be very easy to objectively detect, either with actual measuring equipment or a simple null test (which only requires an ADC).

So, there is no rational explanation of how your suggestion could be achieved AND, measurements/null tests prove it is not achieved!
tested it today I have no way to do blind test it might be placebo but this is not.
one side = treble
other one=soundstage and treble is tuned down a bit
There’s three rational possibilities: A. User error, you have not connected the cable properly, B. The cable is broken (as already mentioned) or C. It’s just placebo.

“B” is very unlikely because the cable would need to be only partially broken, which would almost certainly produce inconsistent results and, I presume you’ve plugged the cable in correctly, in which case that just leaves “C”, placebo as the only rational possibility!

G

May 20, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #266 of 302
I did noticed that my 3.5 interconnect (ADL by Furutech ID-35SP before it was with custom cables) sounds "better" when certain side is connected into my dap with the other side connected it sounded a bit "muddy" since then I only connect the "correct side" into the dap.
Was doing it like this for years...

Like what can you say...when you "hear it" ?

edit for the "muddy" and "better":

tested it today I have no way to do blind test it might be placebo but this is not.

one side = treble
other one=soundstage and treble is tuned down a bit

I don't have any tools to measure but someone with the tool go get this cable but still there might be difference/variation between cables or maybe not who knows?
adl_by_furutech_id-35sp_5932282190-4.jpg
could well be.
https://www.audioquest.com/theory-education/article/83-directionality-its-all-about-noise

May 20, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #267 of 302
May 20, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #268 of 302
You never learn, do you? And how difficult is it to learn that this is the Sound Science forum?

If you want to post marketing BS which is pretty much wall to wall lies and pseudoscience, and is completely contrary to the actual facts/science, that’s what the Cables forum is for! It is NOT acceptable here. Jeez, how many times?

G
you never learn do you? more claiming bs without the slightest evidence. give me evidence anything they're saying is wrong.

May 20, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #269 of 302
Darn! Those AI bots are getting good!

May 20, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #270 of 302
you never learn do you?
No you don’t because:
more claiming bs without the slightest evidence. give me evidence anything they're saying is wrong.
Was it me or was it you who posted the audio quest marketing? Hopefully you can answer that simple question correctly? As it’s your quote/reference then it’s your claim and the burden of proof is yours, so provide some reliable evidence the information/claims YOU posted is correct!

I could go through line by line every BS assertion in the marketing you posted but I can’t be bothered because there’s too many of them. It would be far easier to list the true/correct assertions because there are very few of them!

One is worth picking out though because it’s not only a lie, it’s a potentially dangerous lie!

In most audio-grade shielded interconnects, as compared to standard coax, negative has its own internal conductor and the metal shield is attached to ground at only one end, thus defining the cable’s directionality.

Actually that’s three lies. Firstly, standard coax is an audio-grade interconnect, it’s widely used by the big commercial music, broadcast and film dubbing studios for MADI. Second and far more important lie; the metal shield is NOT attached to ground at one end only in audio grade cables and consumers should NEVER attempt to do this. Quite a few musicians (and others) have died because of this and those who lifted the ground at one end charged with manslaughter!! And lastly, as they are attached both ends “thus [obviously NOT] defining the cable’s directionality”.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back