Cable braiding (Litz) : Just eye candy or significant audio advantage over twisted cable?
Sep 13, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #16 of 48
Your cables look like noise and interference antennas.
All good RCA analog interconnect cables are made with coax cable. End of story.

Name some coax interconnect brands that you speak of that are designed as interconnects for components?

There are so many other things that effect the sound that even if you found the "perfect" interconnect you may never know it if you are not getting the other things correct to begin with.

You want to argue about what someone has and knows what it does?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #17 of 48
Some good coax cables with heavy braided shields:
Belden 1505F
Belden 1695A
Canare LV-77S
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1

These are measurably some of the best cables available. (there are others with similar specs)

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 48
Belden 1505F
Belden 1695A
Canare LV-77S
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1

These are measurably some of the best cables available. (there are others with similar specs)

Yes... measurably. For what they know to measure for.

You are speaking for SPDIF use, I presume?

But, not for component interconnects. Right?

Not for speaker cables. Right?

Not even for headphone cables. Right?

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #19 of 48
Never seen this product before. Posting about it because they did a good job of explaining some of the benefits of using litz....

Litz construction means that each conductor strand is individually insulated. In most cables this is not the case, and without insulation the signal can randomly jump conductors in an uncontrolled manner. Distortion results in the phase and time domains, and although this may be difficult to measure, it can definitely be detected by the most sensitive of instruments, the human ear.

http://studioprojects.com/litz.html

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #21 of 48
No, those are good RCA analog interconnect cables. The heavy braided shield is needed for long analog cable runs.
For long SPDIF, choose a good 75 Ohm coax cable.

This thread was not created for finding the best coaxial SPDIF cable. The title is about the benefits of litz itself...

Cable braiding (Litz) : Just eye candy or significant audio advantage over twisted cable?

Not about coaxial... Its about something like this... http://www.q-audio.com/headphone-adapters/

http://www.q-audio.com/headphone-adapters/
I have Q Audio RCA interconnects and these are the finest sounding interconnects I have had in my system.

Q Audio headphone cable...

unnamed+%281%29.jpg

Q+cable+%281+of+1%29-5.jpg

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #23 of 48
You are the person that brought up SPDIF cable.

This is a short thread. Not a lot of stuff to wade through. Anyone can see that I have not brought it up. Maybe you are posting in two threads and got this one confused with another? I did not bring it up.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #25 of 48
In post #18, you wrote:
Must have misunderstood when you used the term "coaxial" cables?
You said...
Belden 1505F
Belden 1695A
Canare LV-77S
Blue Jeans Cable LC-1

Well? Here is what I found with the Belden 1505F... https://www.markertek.com/product/1...rg59-bnc-male-to-bnc-male-cable-10-foot-black

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #29 of 48
I just realized what may be causing some confusion here.

Litz wire does not simply mean "braided." Though, it is braided. By the looks of the title of this thread it appears to be the assumption it means to be braided in a special weave.

Litz wire is a wire where its not only braided.. But, having each individual fine strand in the cable being insulated from one another. Regular braided wire, only "braids." Its not Litz. It does not insulate as to prevent the strand hopping and blurring that takes place with non insulated strands of wire... be it silver, or copper. Makes no difference.

Litz is a special process to guarantee a very pure signal transfer. The only other option would be using solid core, no strands. That way you avoid the strand hopping and blurring. That strand hopping and blurring often times shows up as that high frequency tizz we have become accustomed to and try to find ways to tame.

Dec 1, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #30 of 48
When trying litz in my system for the first time, in comparison to the regular cables, .. it sounded almost dull. For all that high end tizz was now missing. What was missing was the normally heard high frequency tizz that is caused by the interaction taking place within the non insulated strands. Litz may requires that you reset your system because many audiophiles compensate for that tizz and try to find ways to dull it down. Litz gives a very tight accurate sound when everything is optimal.... I love it. Its warm when the music is warm... and very quick when its there to be heard.

LItz wire is designed to reduce AC resistance at higher frequencies, so if it has any audible effect, one would expect it to sound airier and brighter contrary to the duller sound you're describing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back