C333ES transport lockdown
Dec 28, 2002 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

joelongwood

Keeper of the 'Phones
I'm hoping someone here can help. I purchased a Sony C333ES SACD player from a fellow Head-Fier. However, he misplaced the owner's manual and is unsure of how to lock down the transport for shipment. If anyone has this player, or a similar Sony, how is this lock-down accomplished. ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, if anyone here has an owner's manual and is willing to copy it for me, I'd be more than happy to pay for all associated costs. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 9
I have no clue, but it is possible that the tray doesn't have a mechanism for locking it down. My Arcam did not, worried the hell outta me.
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Transporting the Player:

1 Remove all the discs from disc tray.

2 Press Open/Close to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears in the display.

3 Wait for 10 seconds, tehn press POWER to turn off the player.

This is from the manual of my 555ES.

Dec 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 9
Erm.. what do you mean "lock down"? You mean secure the tray to the rest of the unit? I know of know locking mechanism (or any player I've had that I was aware had such a mechanism). Can you just put a piece of tape across the front?

Mark

Dec 28, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 9
With the denon, there was a long locking screw that was inserted on the bottom of the player.

Can't use the tape across the front cause of a fold up face plate that covers the tray.

Dec 29, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #7 of 9
I checked the 333es's manual and it says the same thing as the 555es. If you want I can copy the manual and mail it to you. I would scan it, but I don't have a scanner.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 9
I got SCD-C333es as well, used.
It plays well, but it seem only recognize my SCD as CD. (the display shows CD)
When I put Hybrid in, the display shows CD as well.
I tried to press the SACD/CD button, but the system told me it is not multi layer CD.
Is that means the laser len is broken? anyone knows?
or it is caused my CD? doesn't support certain type of SACD or Hybrid?

I have the user manual in PDF, but it is too large to attach here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back