c-Jays Review
Dec 27, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #16 of 152
ClieOS: really big, may be bigger than with q-JAYS, funny about D2 is that you will never use highest volume but there is "force" inside
biggrin.gif

Kees: right decision i think. and let them to burn in, i think i hear little differences. and dont use smallest pads, there is something in their sound that makes me feel strange

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carabei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought them two weeks ago, and in combination with Cowon D2, they sounds really good, opposite to the sound in combination with iPhone 3G, major differences are in dynamics

Can you give us your initial impressions in terms of sound characteristics?

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 152
The thing is, the RRP is nearly twice the price as the Grado SR60 (129.99USD). Would you recommend them over the SR60's?

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #19 of 152
i bought these jays for 100 bucks, i've heard grados, but it is long time ago, and with different player. sound of grados was perfectly airy but something was missing, everytime i put c-jays on my ears i am satisfied
jecklinsmile.gif

for that characteristics: i use medium pads, so part of sound depends on them, the style of sound is partly like PortaPro, only in the way that they plays every tone like it could be the last one in their life(rest of sound characteristics of portapro isn't there, fortunately), dynamics is perfect, i was using last six month q-JAYS, really good IEMs, i think c-JAYS are even better, with "q" some kind of music, like nightwish, wasn't really pleasant to my ears, with "c" everything fine. "c" have bass as it is thought, sometimes tight, sometimes wide and soft. middles are fine, interesting, i don't know how to describe it, highs are not as crisp as with largest pads, but they are still really good. unfortunately you almost can't use these JAYS with iphone or something like that, you hear every small difference between mp3players, it is same feeling as was when i tried to use sennheiser cx300 after two months of using q-JAYS, feeling that you have to turn it off, cause it is really pain for your ears and mind.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carabei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought these jays for 100 bucks, i've heard grados, but it is long time ago, and with different player. sound of grados was perfectly airy but something was missing, everytime i put c-jays on my ears i am satisfied
jecklinsmile.gif

for that characteristics: i use medium pads, so part of sound depends on them, the style of sound is partly like PortaPro, only in the way that they plays every tone like it could be the last one in their life(rest of sound characteristics of portapro isn't there, fortunately), dynamics is perfect, i was using last six month q-JAYS, really good IEMs, i think c-JAYS are even better, with "q" some kind of music, like nightwish, wasn't really pleasant to my ears, with "c" everything fine. "c" have bass as it is thought, sometimes tight, sometimes wide and soft. middles are fine, interesting, i don't know how to describe it, highs are not as crisp as with largest pads, but they are still really good. unfortunately you almost can't use these JAYS with iphone or something like that, you hear every small difference between mp3players, it is same feeling as was when i tried to use sennheiser cx300 after two months of using q-JAYS, feeling that you have to turn it off, cause it is really pain for your ears and mind.

so you'd say that these are a serious consideration, unlike headphones like the Ultrasone icans, akg k450 (ridiculously priced!) and other portable but expensive headphones?

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #22 of 152
I think these are absolutely brilliant from a marketing standpoint. The packaging is AMAZING!

I'd love to hear these someday! The Swedes know how to make a nice product

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #23 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think these are absolutely brilliant from a marketing standpoint. The packaging is AMAZING!

I'd love to hear these someday! The Swedes know how to make a nice product

Thanks! More to come this spring
atsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 152
I'll be getting mine in a few days. So, I'll be able to chim in on them also.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #27 of 152
from owning Qjays, I'm quite convinced that Jays are capable of making some awesome gear. Very tempted to get these.

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #28 of 152
I just got the c-jays today. Upon trying it on, I loved the way c-jays looked. It looks very clean and not bulky at all with the small foams. My initial impression is kind of a mixed bag but they need to be burned in before any assessments. I doubt that I'm going to see a huge change in sound after but only time will tell.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #30 of 152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back