C&C XO Owners Post Your Impressions Here!
May 23, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschmeichel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for C&C XO owners, how many hours does it take to burnin this amp?

Well, I got no idea how many hours it takes, mine's got over 200 and I find more of myself responding to the grooves and beats each passing night. Either it's getting better or I am getting myself more "burnt-in" and addicted to it's smooth delivery.

Besides the good sound and easy power to drive most cans, I luv its unique shape and the more spacious layout to plug in the headphone and interconnect.

Hope you enjoy yours as much!

May 23, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sschmeichel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for C&C XO owners, how many hours does it take to burnin this amp?

i've had mine for about 2 weeks now, and listening for about ~8 hours a day, some more, i'd say about 120 hours of burn in time, just last night i started noticing its really starting to kick, sounds very nice with my quarter modded KSC75s
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #18 of 28
How do you guys burn in an amp? using pink noise? I find the volume knob on mine comes off easily... but yea.. the shape is awesome... the leather glove on the can is a nice touch... i cannot wait to get my k701s back. I find they give the k701 the bass it needs desperately needs. From an owner's perspective, how does the c&c XO compare with your other portable amps? Just want to hear more opinions. Do you think k701s will be a good match with the c&c XO?

May 24, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #19 of 28
this is a very musical amp. i didn't try it with my k501 but it sound pretty good with my se210, er4, dt990 and super fi pro. sometimes i think i don't like it with er4 because it takes away er4's detail. this is my second amp. completely different than my pa2v2. pa2v2 was very very good, two, three years ago. now i can never go back to pa2v2.

May 25, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is a very musical amp. i didn't try it with my k501 but it sound pretty good with my se210, er4, dt990 and super fi pro. sometimes i think i don't like it with er4 because it takes away er4's detail. this is my second amp. completely different than my pa2v2. pa2v2 was very very good, two, three years ago. now i can never go back to pa2v2.

I just feed whatever I am trying to burn in with various genres of music in my players (source) > interconnect > amp > cans ... with or without me in the loop.

All my 4 amps now can easily drive all my cans, which I can't say so for PA2V2 or LDM + (they simply can't drive too high impedance or low sensitivity cans to my ears, and both have moved on to happy owners thankfully). The smaller T1 and Box V2 are my usual portable choices.

IMO, I find the SQ of C&C XO >> C&C Box V2 > ibasso T1. Of course YMMV. Very slight is the SQ difference between the latter 2, which the T1 will easily win if portable size and lightness is the deciding factor.

Generally, I just find the XO music to be smooth, clear sounding and musical. It is more airy and gives a better all round 3D sound, especially when compared to the Box V2 or T1.

The XO is actually not much bigger than a V2, but it can be used with powered sources. It is a warmer and slightly laid back choice when compared to the desktop AC powered Cute Beyond (which sounds good and fast, but perhaps a little clinical... perhaps an opamp change can help with that.)

Anyway, I have read in the Chinese forums that the 2111KP opamp is a good choice to try on the XO, and I am hoping to look into that too.

Currently, I like to use the Beyers DT990 and OVC T10 as I hear more details on them... the T10 is a real surprise because it used to be severely lacking in bass, yet with the LF switch off (something I have not gotten the reply from headb guys why it sounds more dynamic when off rather than on?) the more dynamic sound present is musical enough and did not show the T10's deficiency, resulting in clear, transparent nice music or songs.

I love my XO.
etysmile.gif

May 25, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #21 of 28
Hey, after more fidgeting with the switches behind my XO, the LF on does make a difference when the Gain is switched to off position. So it seemed for IM on or off too. I was switching between my cans and the different switches... will try other music genres to test further on this.

My SF is always "on".

Now with gain(GC) to "off" position, the drums seemed more impactful... hmmnn...

May 26, 2007 at 10:50 AM Post #24 of 28
I own the C&C XO. I match it with my ER4S. It does give a warm sound. I did compare it to some other head amps when I bought it - Little Dot II+, Little Dot Micro Tube, Dark Voice 336 and yet some others. C&C XO give better drive and more details than the others. Besides, its size is much small than those that I've quoted. So I love this amp.

Nevertheless, I'm still eager to get one of the RSA, or Larocco or Dr Jan's amp, after reading Skylab's review. Just no harm to own a few head amps, especially portable ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the C&C XO. I match it with my ER4S. It does give a warm sound. I did compare it to some other head amps when I bought it - Little Dot II+, Little Dot Micro Tube, Dark Voice 336 and yet some others. C&C XO give better drive and more details than the others. Besides, its size is much small than those that I've quoted. So I love this amp.

Nevertheless, I'm still eager to get one of the RSA, or Larocco or Dr Jan's amp, after reading Skylab's review. Just no harm to own a few head amps, especially portable ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the 3 you mentioned are also on my list to be my next target. Most probably either a Hornet M or a Dr Jan Meier's amp... meanwhile, will have to save up for that day.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #26 of 28
i'm a proud owner of the C&C XO. this is a REALLY good sounding amp and i gotta say it competes with all the other midrange headphone amps out there. i had it connected to my oritek modded zhaolu, played some jazz through it, and WOW. it is something definitely worth hearing. it also drives many of the headphones out there easily. and all of the ones i tried on it sounded good.
normal_smile .gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #27 of 28
My C&C XO sounds good on Grado SR325i and L3000 as well, IMO it's worth my money and it has tubey sound as far as I can tell.

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudiophileChina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new version C&C XO will be released in 2 weeks.

Best regards,
AudiophileChina.com

can we get a sneak peak?
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back