C&C F1 spotted in erji.net
Dec 18, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #17 of 24
i saw this little amp last month here in Hong Kong. i remember it's a little bit smaller than a tomahawk. didn't have time to test it last time. i probably going to test it some time later. will update you guys

Dec 19, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #19 of 24
The design (curve shape) is a bit weird. I had a gold C&C before. Not that I don't like it's sound quality but gold doesn't fits into 'coolness'.
frown.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #20 of 24
I have one F1 on the way from China. I may post some impression after I spend some time on it. It suppose to be here within one week, but I will be on vacation during X'mas and New year.
According to the review on the Chinese headphone forum, the sound signature is close to Tomahawk but a little step down in SQ (I guess the lower output power and lack of burn-in makes difference here), consider it's price, this is reasonable.

BTW, I guess if it is selling in US, the price will be around $150 - $160 since the price in China is calculated as following
price of C&C XO (1180) + price of C&C box+ (460) divided by 2 which will be 820
hence the price here will be $199 + $109 /2 = $154

Here is some more pics of the package
¼òµ¥ËµËµC´óµÄÐÂ×÷Æ·£*CC F1 ¶ú»ú´ó¼Ò̳ ¶ú»ú,¶úÈû,¶ú»ú·Å´óÆ÷,ËæÉíÌý,DIY,ÒôÀÖ

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one F1 on the way from China. I may post some impression after I spend some time on it. It suppose to be here within one week, but I will be on vacation during X'mas and New year.
According to the review on the Chinese headphone forum, the sound signature is close to Tomahawk but a little step down in SQ (I guess the lower output power and lack of burn-in makes difference here), consider it's price, this is reasonable.

BTW, I guess if it is selling in US, the price will be around $150 - $160 since the price in China is calculated as following
price of C&C XO (1180) + price of C&C box+ (460) divided by 2 which will be 820
hence the price here will be $199 + $109 /2 = $154

Here is some more pics of the package
¼òµ¥ËµËµC´óµÄÐÂ×÷Æ·£*CC F1 ¶ú»ú´ó¼Ò̳ ¶ú»ú,¶úÈû,¶ú»ú·Å´óÆ÷,ËæÉíÌý,DIY,ÒôÀÖ

i am highly intrigued by this amp, would love to hear what you think, might have to get one myself
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #23 of 24
I will enjoying reading a review.

Smaller amps, while being of equal or greater quality (sound wise), I would think have an ready market. I know I'm looking for such an amp.

Oct 28, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #24 of 24
I have one of these and it is indeed neutral sounding. i can perceive a slight reduction in distortion and possibly an improvement in the soundstage. however A/B tests With/Without the amp are far from night and day. i dont know if it just needs more burn in or if mine is faulty. but if youre expecting a mind blowing change in SQ i dont really think this delivers. personally i was expecting some bass with this amp, and the bass remains very weak on my setup after plugging the amp in.
(Shure se500 and ipod LOD audio)

lyrix headstage pro does better job of increasing bass power and improving sound.

amp has been burning in for almost a month or more now, left on almost constantly via DC. cant say burn in has really made a difference... any other thoughts are welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back