C&C F1 spotted in erji.net
Nov 9, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 24
Just saw another thread on it with more pics... to share.

The size sure looks interesting, and the matt finish seems pretty cool too.
etysmile.gif

http://bbs2.erji.com/read.php?tid=462360

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 24
I don't think it's a low end. Or entry level. I don't speak Chinese. But it comes with a USB port and cable. Probably entry level competition for the Pico and Predator.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it's a low end. Or entry level. I don't speak Chinese. But it comes with a USB port and cable. Probably entry level competition for the Pico and Predator.

That appears to just be a power cord with USB input?

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 24
I saw, but it looks like the USB is only for charging. It may be a USB DAC though, but the markings around the USB port clearly reference specs for charging. I'm not sure why you do something like that, but it looks like that may be the case. Strange thing whatever it is.

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 24
If it is a DAC it's got to be the smallest yet!

Nov 25, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 24
Will be showing what can be had in a pint size (though odd shaped) usb dac enhanced amp
biggrin.gif
My initial thoughts were; can you make a DAC/Amp this small and still have all the parts inside required for it to be a significant upgrade in SQ?

C&C appears to make a nice looking product and according to a Skylab review all fall into at least a top 20 position in portable headphone manufacturers overall so mybe this DAC/Amp from C&C could be a pioneer for size to capability factor
cool.gif

As far as the shape goes I have a nylon Blackberry case with a nylon barrier sewn in that would hold this amp and a # of fine player/DAPS. I also use an over the shoulder digital camera bag that has the center partition that allows for many iPods, small players.

So now that I've gotten off track a little this C&C product might be cool but until they sell them in the US
wink.gif
Wonder if anyone has asked C&C direct?

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, based on what's written in Chinese, the F1 is not meant to be low end compared to their own XO. It is supposed to be neutral sounding, to drive 16 to 300 ohms cans. F1 is made with SQ in mind whereas a later (& less costly) amp F3 will be offering a varied sound signature, if my translation of what the maker stated was correct.

The usb connection shown is specified for charging purpose but the maker did mention that the size is the same for a F1 U (dac model).

Read some thread suggesting that the F1 sounds very much like the little R.S. "amp for IEM". Will only know when someone does the favour here. Don't think I will be getting another C&C amp so soon... will want to try something else.

Fingers crossed that I can withstand the sexy looks of the F1 when and if it does appear in Jaben. :p

Headb.com don't seem to be marketing this new F1 C&C offering it seems... Perhaps got to try checking ebay or the other buying sites.

Cheers.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #13 of 24
there are 4 brothers in F serious

F1,F1U(which means with the USB/DAC)
F3,F3U
they all have the same size,but different sounds between F1 & F3

the F1's sounds is neutral sounding
and the F3's could said to be more colourful

but they are different
it depends on with favor you like,just like people eating different kinds of food but they still food

hope this help
any Q about the F1 can PM me,I know the designer of the C&C,he told me to tell you guys about the F1

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 24
Woo Wee... I am looking forward going to Jaben to test out the C&C F1, Go-vibe Petite, M-Power and Visely 2 amps as Uncle Wilson stated in his forum those had arrived.

Also looking forward to reviews on these amps to help decide whether to succumb to another one again.

Oh, my poor wallet.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back